Dual rate springs: JKS JSPEC dual rate versus Metalcloak dual rate

We all either learn, or decide to remain ignorant. If you looked any of our older threads, you'll see one of two things. Either we learned and evolved, or we didn't. One is obviously better than the other!
The other giant glaring flaw in these discussions is that massive amount of willful ignorance and saying anything to support one's adopted position while ignoring anything that should be the epiphany to start down the path to understanding.

If you (collective) are so willfully ignorant that you can't recognize the impact my statement of not a single time being asked what the spring rate is for the 100's of shock tunes I've paid for is, then you just refuse to learn anything of value and that is really fucking sad.

The other giant glaring flaw in these discussions is that massive amount of willful ignorance and saying anything to support one's adopted position while ignoring anything that should be the epiphany to start down the path to understanding.

If you (collective) are so willfully ignorant that you can't recognize the impact my statement of not a single time being asked what the spring rate is for the 100's of shock tunes I've paid for is, then you just refuse to learn anything of value and that is really fucking sad.
It is interesting how the fear of admitting you're wrong paralyzes many. The reality is that admitting you don't know everything opens up a new world of possibilities. That said, knowledge can only be obtained if you're open to the possibility that you don't know as much as you think. I have a son that constantly teaches me lessons that are invaluable!

It is interesting how the fear of admitting you're wrong paralyzes many. The reality is that admitting you don't know everything opens up a new world of possibilities. That said, knowledge can only be obtained if you're open to the possibility that you don't know as much as you think. I have a son that constantly teaches me lessons that are invaluable!
Understanding doesn't necessarily have to come with an admission of being wrong. It can be as simple as "I didn't understand it that way, I was looking at it from an entirely different perspective, now I understand it better. "

You pull your springs and drive around and I'll pull my shocks. I'd do it, with all three springs if anybody wants to see.

I can do that. Meaning I can actually do that. It won't be right away, though.

I've run the three springs with the same shocks. Pulling the shocks does what exactly?

It provides perspective you are afraid to gain.

I have, but I didn't drive it. Maybe I should? You seem so into it, was it good for you?
Perspective. Don't be afraid of it. You won't die on a quick drive to the grocery store

So remove the shocks and drive to the mall with all three springs and see if it's different than with the shocks?

No, just a short drive (safely and slowly) without shocks with any combination of springs to see if you can tell any difference whatsoever as to what springs (or what spring rates) you have in the vehicle and whether those springs matter more than shocks do.

You're back! Shocks matter more. I never disputed that for a second. Springs can make a small change, I think I even said fringe or something like that. I just dislike when people say they have zero effect.
And that's why you should do a no shock drive. Tell us how much the springs matter.

Reactions: psrivats