Always remove the positive battery cable before you start working on electrical. That is likely what caused the fire. You also want to wrap any exposed wire with black electrical tape, and be careful pulling on it or you might short something else out. Hope you get it fixed soon. Yes, I agree with everyone else. Please take it to a certified electrical auto mechanic. GL.
Wiring has been repaired by a professional wiring shop, and she's now running like she should.
According to them the ignition switch was defective in some way, and continuously sent current through the various circuits connected to it.
So I guess use caution if you're installing a Crown Automotive ignition switch from Quadratec.
Not sure if you can test one before installing it but it might save you a ton of headache and money if you can.