Front Track Bar Clearance

Not sure what could be better, exactly.... Yes, we're currently sponsored by Milestar, no it didn't start out that way. If any of you actually knew me, you'd know I don't run stuff that doesn't work. We WON Ultra 4 EMC King of the Hammers this year, with exactly zero flat tires. That say something. I run them on my wheeler as well with zero issues w/ their performance in rocks, mud, snow, etc.

View attachment 367741

And yet, there is a large contingent of us who wouldn't run those tires for free in JV and haven't. (yes, that makes sense if you read it carefully)

There is a very interesting thing about tires in KOH. Bad tires don't stop good folks from winning and good tires don't help bad folks win. The rest is luck, prep, and how full your talent tank happens to be on any given day.

For sure! Good tires vs. bad tires is always opinion. I've got no issues w/ the performance of the Pats. How you been Blaine?

Not sure what could be better, exactly.... Yes, we're currently sponsored by Milestar, no it didn't start out that way. If any of you actually knew me, you'd know I don't run stuff that doesn't work. We WON Ultra 4 EMC King of the Hammers this year, with exactly zero flat tires. That say something. I run them on my wheeler as well with zero issues w/ their performance in rocks, mud, snow, etc.

View attachment 367741

Greasy might be concerned that you're cheating on your EMC car with your trail Jeep. 😊

Reactions: rasband
Good question. Could the whole issue be fixed more easily with a better track bar shape? (maybe the currie/rock jock bar?)

The offset joint certainly doesn't hurt. On mine, the gusset contacts a bolt head before the cover is anywhere close to the body of the bar.

PXL_20211123_231224728.jpg

Reactions: Irun
@JMathews4580 it would be really interesting to see a full build thread, or a walk around, in a new thread if you're open to it. Some of us love to talk to technicals without getting all emotional about digesting the good/bad/tradeoffs and future intent (as many rigs are a constant work in progress to improve).

I'm sure even if/when you win you find things to change.

@JMathews4580 it would be really interesting to see a full build thread, or a walk around, in a new thread if you're open to it. Some of us love to talk to technicals without getting all emotional about digesting the good/bad/tradeoffs and future intent (as many rigs are a constant work in progress to improve).

I'm sure even if/when you win you find things to change.

I may find time to start that. In the mean time, yes things are changing. :)

279573148_1029544871286891_1053811916352932514_n.jpg

For sure! Good tires vs. bad tires is always opinion. I've got no issues w/ the performance of the Pats.
Yep, and it really doesn't matter how you do or don't do, tires are easy to blame for good and bad results. You watched the same drama I did, you know how it works.
How you been Blaine?
Same as always, good, too busy, too much to do.

The offset joint certainly doesn't hurt. On mine, the gusset contacts a bolt head before the cover is anywhere close to the body of the bar.

View attachment 367743

The gusset can be ground down and the axle pushed forward a bit more. That's when you start re-shaping the track bar.

The gusset can be ground down and the axle pushed forward a bit more. That's when you start re-shaping the track bar.

My ranchos bottom out just before it makes contact so I haven't had need to yet, but it's on my radar to address if I go chasing more uptravel.

Don't worry, I won't bother y'all anymore. I'm going back to pirate where people are friendlier. .
@Chris I cry for help indeed. New guy came asking for advice on clearance and everyone inaccurately told him his jeep will never be anything without a lift and other nonsense. I tried to stick up for a new guy and actually answer his question instead of telling him he wasted money and his jeep is shit.

I joined this forum because this exact part of the forum "About" sounded nice:

I see though that this isn't actually the way anyone here intends to behave, so I want out. Please remove my account so I can go elsewhere and try to be friendly to new people asking simple questions. Might consider updating your "about" second to explain the real good-ol-boys club and politics that have overrun this forum.

amen brother!