Got into it with a state cop

Just added another member to my family. Been doing pistols length, though I'd try a 16". Test fire this weekend, going to bring Fred along to be the target.

20201127_200854.jpg

20201118_133405.jpg

My best friend's two son in-laws are Cops, they both told me when they put on the uniform they become assholes. The younger of the two drove a class A motorhome from Maine to Kansas then back. His wife, and Mother in-law (Nila) went with him, my buddies wife Nila said he got stopped in almost every state for going 85 or so mph. He would flash his badge, and say professional courtesy they would let him drive off.

When Nila was done visiting her family in Kansas she said no way I'm I getting in that motorhome, Nila flew home, and never rode with him again.

I don't know if this is true everywhere but the kids I went to school with who were picked on/beat up in school either became school teachers, or cops.
Officers like that give officers a bad name. Hopefully he won't last long on the job. Get fired thinking he is above the law.

Haven’t been pulled over for tint in twenty years or so. Have a prescription now.

But the $35 tint fix it ticket was better than the $100+ speeding ticket they didn’t give me.

So is that a white privilege prescription? Your so white the sun will burn you?
Of course it’s white eye privilege.

No it’s a I found an eye doc that will take $99 from anyone and give them a prescription for tint. It does include my yearly eye exam though so it’s a decent deal. Very nice lady.

Hopefully I can get her to go a little darker on my next one she’s at 20% on the sides/back and 50% on the windshield.

She did get my business from my old doc because he refused to write me a prescription cause he was afraid someone else would drive my cars and get him in trouble.

My best friend's two son in-laws are Cops, they both told me when they put on the uniform they become assholes. The younger of the two drove a class A motorhome from Maine to Kansas then back. His wife, and Mother in-law (Nila) went with him, my buddies wife Nila said he got stopped in almost every state for going 85 or so mph. He would flash his badge, and say professional courtesy they would let him drive off.

When Nila was done visiting her family in Kansas she said no way I'm I getting in that motorhome, Nila flew home, and never rode with him again.

I don't know if this is true everywhere but the kids I went to school with who were picked on/beat up in school either became school teachers, or cops.

Even if they rented or borrowed that RV I'm shocked about them getting pulled over. He must have forgotten to block the plate with his FOP badge.
P1010028.JPG

Pretty common sight around me. One time I asked a grey haired old lady when she retired from duty. She laughed and said her son is on the force and put that on there to keep her safe. I don't judge her for believing that but it tells me a lot about her son. I saw this one in a parking lot the other day, hey, why not block your temp tag too?
111.jpg

I have no idea why but I saw this one an hour or so later. I never saw one before or since and I bet I know why but it's the only one that doesn't slice away any respect from me.
113.jpg

The level of stupidity in blue here in Hawaii is so wide spread I now carry a copy of the motor vehicle laws pertaining to the non-requirement of doors and mirrors!
I now great all of them as Barney. "good morning Barney", "good evening Barney" most are clueless of the reference. It continues to give me joy!!

My latest battle is with a Fire Chief on a state airport. I can see the blood flowing to his head when we refer to him as Fire Marshal Bill.
A Fire Chief enforcing motor vehicle codes, WTF?

I've heard that arguing with the police is a smart thing that can only work out well for you...
Your comment reminds me of the time a friend of mine was driving home with me riding shotgun. We were going home from a karate tournament both of us were wearing our gi's, with our black belts around our necks.

My friend is vietnamese who isn't the best driver so we get pulled over because he was weaving. The Scarborough Cop comes up to the car looks in says oh I'm sorry I saw that you were talking, just wanted to let you know that your weaving. Never asked for his license, registration or anything.

I told my friend why was he scared of us he has the gun?

Update I'm waiting until Monday because no one is around until then.

I just don't see the point, maybe you have more free time than I do? If someone makes a mistake in traffic, which happens usually several times a day on my 100 mile round trip commute, I'll honk my horn and go on my day. It's best to avoid confrontation, because black belt or not, one day you will come upon the wrong person, even if you simply just want to ask why they did something. Never engage other drivers, especially those who have the ability to arrest you, whether justified or not. While there are many honest police officers, you don't want to end up meeting that one crooked guy having a bad day. It's a stupid move that can only go badly for you, maybe next time that cop sees you doing 56 in a 55 he'll pull you over because you were an ass.

I grew up in a small town in IL with only a few traffic lights. One light had a right turn green arrow with a dedicated lane to use so you did not have to stop before turning right if the straight lanes were red. When I was 16 I went through the right turn green arrow and got pulled over. The cop said I had to stop before turning right on red. I said there is a right turn green arrow there so I don't have to stop. Then he said I was not wearing my seat belt. I reminded him I took it off as he was talking to me. He quickly sent me on my way.