Has to be a scam right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxdabroxx

TJ Addict
Hello,Dave.It's a 2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, in perfect working condition, no body work or paint ever done, garage kept, no mechanical problems whatsoever. It has low miles (69,416), 4.0L V6 - 4WD, runs smooth and the automatic transmission shifts perfectly. The interior is like new. All regular maintenance was performed at an authorized garage. It will come with a clean and clear title under my name free from any loans or liens. If you decide to buy it, you'll receive all the papers (including a clear title), owner's manual, keys and a notarized buy-sell contract already signed by me. I just got divorced and the jeep was awarded to me in our divorce after which I decided to pursue my military career and I moved to Wichita, KS from CA.
I have a low price ($1000) because I want to sell it before January 20 ideally. I have a deployment coming up and would prefer to have my mother who is taking care of my children have the cash instead.
This Jeep is very nice, we have used it just for a short time. Like new inside & out. Let me know if you have any questions. Pictures attached
1.JPG

The attempt at the official language, notarized bill of sale, etc. screams scam. No way anyone would sell a rubi for 1k right?

Last edited:
Red flags are definitely going off. 99% chance its a scam, however if you want to be sure Hit him back, but walk away as soon as there is a single reason why you cant inspect the vehicle in person with him being present before you buy. If he has to have it shipped blah blah blah then its a no go.

Reactions: qslim
Red flags are definitely going off. 99% chance its a scam, however if you want to be sure Hit him back, but walk away as soon as there is a single reason why you cant inspect the vehicle in person with him being present before you buy. If he has to have it shipped blah blah blah then its a no go.

Yeah, next there is going to be some reason (he's already set up the military angle so I'm betting it's that) for why you won't be able to see the vehicle or meet him in person

Reactions: xxdabroxx
Story and price is typical scam. Why wouldnt you want your mother to get more than $1k?

I had the same story line years ago when trying to find a place to rent--gorgeous home; multi rooms, 2 car garage, big yard, etc...rent was only $700. But I had to sign the emailed lease because he was leaving for deployment and couldnt meet in person

• Haha
Reactions: JMT and Sancho
It would probably cost more to steal one. 🤪

Tell them you'll pay by paypal friends and family after they send you the signed title.

Reactions: AndyG
That's a scam. I'm 99% sure I saw that same Jeep on cargurus for sale in my area for a grand. Then a few weeks later it was for sale in Indiana and Ohio for a grand. I'm pretty sure I widen the search and saw the same listing for sale in like 4 different areas, all for a grand lol

These kumquats try to scam my remodeling business constantly.

Them - "my name Davis Michelle, do you sell and install windows and accept credit cards?"

Me- "sure, to protect you from fraud, we involve the Huntsville Police Fraud Division, I will give them your information now"

Reactions: lowranger
100% scam. The guy is only going to deploy your money

Reactions: Starrs
The old "military deployment" scam.

Funny enough though, when I was in the military and stationed in Germany, I would buy cars from departing Airmen and flip them. No sales tax made it an easy proposition. For example, I bought a '79 Mercury Capri for $700 cleaned it up and sold it for $2300 taking my time. It was easy pickings. After I shipped my car a couple of months early to states in preparation of my departure and return, I bought a $300 VW bug and drove it those months. When I flew out, I drove it to the airport and left it there with the keys in the ignition.

Please tell me some of you don’t actually believe there’s a 1% chance this is real??? This is 100% bogus. Wake up people haha. At least fuck with him a bit. Email back and forth, and give him your address as 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, DC 20500 and see if they catch on.

Not a scam

A friend passed away and at the reading of his will a young woman showed up. Who was she? She was the unknown mistress and the will instructed the wife to sell the Lincoln and give her the proceeds.... She the ad read,

For Sale
Three year old, low mileage Lincoln.
50 Bucks.

At the next estate reading she handed the young thing $50 saying "I'm sure you earned it."

If you have the original link for the picture do a reverse lookup in google images or on one of the web reverse lookup tools. Search in at least two sites- my bet is that jeep is going to show up several times in different places.

Ha ha! I just got me a perfect Rubicon for $1k! I’ll go pick it up from his mother in Hellngone, KS after the Western Union money transfer to him goes through to his new deployment location in Nigeria. I think he said he is with the 101st Airborne or something like that. The only hitch was he wanted an additional $250 for expedited processing. Seemed fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.