Help tuning CB radio antenna

@jazngab , any update on your progress?
Haven’t had much time last couple days but toyed with it yesterday in a different parking lot. I straightened out the coax and properly cable tied it. Then I tested it and got readings of 2.0-2.5 on channel 1and 40. Then I tested it later in the same parking lot I did earlier in the week and got 3.5 readings. I’ll prob drill the extra hole but haven’t gotten to it yet. @JMT I looked inside the Jeep and will the hole be exposed on the inside? It’s it an area that is bumped out so before I drill I’m wondering how it bolts down on the inside.

Haven’t had much time last couple days but toyed with it yesterday in a different parking lot. I straightened out the coax and properly cable tied it. Then I tested it and got readings of 2.0-2.5 on channel 1and 40. Then I tested it later in the same parking lot I did earlier in the week and got 3.5 readings. I’ll prob drill the extra hole but haven’t gotten to it yet. @JMT I looked inside the Jeep and will the hole be exposed on the inside? It’s it an area that is bumped out so before I drill I’m wondering how it bolts down on the inside.
This is what you're looking at from the inside after you drill that hole.

20190330_175832.jpg

This is the drivers side Teraflex mount😉. I talked @JMT to drilling that hole. Just drill it! You'll be fine. I can't remember my readings but mine works great with a 2' firestick on the trails.

Reactions: jazngab and JMT
This is what you're looking at from the inside after you drill that hole.

View attachment 85342

This is the drivers side Teraflex mount😉. I talked @JMT to drilling that hole. Just drill it! You'll be fine. I can't remember my readings but mine works great with a 2' firestick on the trails.

Just like Palin said, drill baby drill!

Reactions: JMT