High travel, high clearance & high octane, a streetable adventure LJ story

That spot looks pretty good for the rock light - have you tried them yet at night? Do they give enough light?

I did a mock up in September and have been installing them as I'm getting different areas together.

IMG_20190919_215751.jpg

Earlier this week I sent my steering gear off to PSC to adjust which torsion bar is in it. So my Jeep is parked until I get it back.

When ordering the -10 AN fittings for the steering pump feed hose I was sent the wrong blue/red color and was told to keep them and was refunded my order since they were unable to get the correct color for me. I reordered the silver color from another store and they've been on back order since October. I finally got them on Friday and while I have a steering fluid mess going on I figured there's no better time to swap the hose.

View attachment 134133

What made you switch torsion bar in gear? I'm experiencing too easy of steering at highway speeds. I've been dialing in caster and has helped some but if I had to guess I'd say I'm getting too much assist for highway speeds. Feels like when I input a sharp steering input its easy to over correct. Wondering if I need a stronger torsion spring.

What made you switch torsion bar in gear? I'm experiencing too easy of steering at highway speeds. I've been dialing in caster and has helped some but if I had to guess I'd say I'm getting too much assist for highway speeds. Feels like when I input a sharp steering input its easy to over correct. Wondering if I need a stronger torsion spring.
Torsion bar, not spring. The torsion bar opens the assist valving when you turn the steering wheel. A heavier torsion bar gives you a heavier feel on the highway at speed making it generally more comfortable to drive. We are ordering them with 210's.

Reactions: B00mb00m
I just got off the phone with PSC to see if they have anything available. He said the male AN fittings on the cylinder screw in. They are "6MJ-6MB" which appears to be an ORB. https://www.motionindustries.com/productDetail.jsp?sku=00318775 I thought they were welded on so this changes things.

They must be hex-less?

View attachment 134262

or did he mean to say they screwed in b4 they were welded? i might want to clean the paint off and see a seam b4 trying to crank on it, IDK.

i did come up with 2 fittings, both have a -6 female end. 1 is just a 90, -6F to -6M, 1.25x1.5".
the other is a brass tube 90, -6 to about 1 and 1/8" w/7/16 center,1.375x2.625" .
most all of the stuff we have left is pretty big.

if you think either will help, they're yours.

83104575_1636175819865831_8679769828770185216_n.jpg

82128418_2411532255828151_6426797132530843648_n.jpg

I just got off the phone with PSC to see if they have anything available. He said the male AN fittings on the cylinder screw in. They are "6MJ-6MB" which appears to be an ORB. https://www.motionindustries.com/productDetail.jsp?sku=00318775 I thought they were welded on so this changes things.

They must be hex-less?

View attachment 134262
Not sure who you talked to but the -6 male fittings sticking out of the cylinder are welded. The ones in the steering gear for the hydro-assist ports are screwed in.

Not sure who you talked to but the -6 male fittings sticking out of the cylinder are welded. The ones in the steering gear for the hydro-assist ports are screwed in.

We specifically were talking about the cylinder. He repeated it back to me several times in the context of it being located on the axle. IIRC Preston was his name? I probably should have talked to Kalvin...

We specifically were talking about the cylinder. He repeated it back to me several times in the context of it being located on the axle. IIRC Preston was his name? I probably should have talked to Kalvin...
Well, whip out your mightiest unscrewing tool including anything impact, hydraulic, flame, or any combination thereof and try to unscrew those welded fittings. I'll wait.

Well, whip out your mightiest unscrewing tool including anything impact, hydraulic, flame, or any combination thereof and try to unscrew those welded fittings. I'll wait.

Don't need to fix it if the Jeep is on fire!

I took a break from being a keyboard mechanic to look and I don't see any way that those fittings unscrew.

Don't need to fix it if the Jeep is on fire!

I took a break from being a keyboard mechanic to look and I don't see any way that those fittings unscrew.
Let me put this a different way. I needed some stuff from PSC. Everyone was gone but Preston. I waited until they got back from being on vacation.

• Haha
Reactions: EzPeezy
Let me put this a different way. I needed some stuff from PSC. Everyone was gone but Preston. I waited until they got back from being on vacation.

I'm catching that drift. I looked back at who I placed my original order with that I only received half the items from (on that order half of the items I needed were never entered and I had to pay shipping all over again... thankfully I found the part numbers on Summit and saved). Guess who entered the order?

I'm catching that drift. I looked back at who I placed my original order with that I only received half the items from (on that order half of the items I needed were never entered and I had to pay shipping all over again... thankfully I found the part numbers on Summit and saved). Guess who entered the order?
I don't have to guess. I don't talk to him.

• Haha
Reactions: toximus
toximus said:
There's some noise coming from contact between the driveline and tub that I need to solve that I couldn't hear before

I think I found where the noise was coming from. The transmission lines were pressed against the driver's floor. They had already done a good job of denting the tub so I finished the job by wedging a prybar between them and made some room.

20200112_trans-lines-rubbing.jpg

ok, i been diggin around looking at the fuel cell install........and i hate to put another thing on your punch list but i do believe it needs corrected.
i kinda misunderstood this routing of the vent line. the path of across the tank, then down, then back across. i literally assumed you wrapped the cell across down and back across b4 exiting out, not inverting the system to under meaning as in when rolled over, then the B bar line is under the cell.

there is a dip in the line. right off the cell it dips just slightly to enter that B bar, this is the spot that will make you suck bubbles if you splash fuel into that line. putting a hole in the padding 3-4" higher and entering there might fix it.

or

maybe wait to fix this (and you may have to wait for your fancy fuel filler to do this). the end vent should also be a rollover valve, it's supposed to breath not spill fuel. so once your get that exterior filler frame fixed just make provisions to use a bulkhead rollover vent beside the filler. and reverse plumb the valve's and the tube can rise right off the cell with the filler neck, and be outside and always elevating/elevated.

tox vent.PNG