Hit in driveway by drunkass

Check the 3 holes on the top outer edge of the frame on both sides for any distortion. Check the winch mount, winch itself, and it’s function. Check the grill and the body mount under the grill. Check the sway bar link bracket at the axle. Bumper you already know is damaged. After assessing request she pay to have those things fixed, or if she prefers to go through insurance do that. Seeing that she collided with two other cars and she was drunk I’d imagine the police are involved and this will all fall on her insurance.

Reactions: inkedrose
If the story were turned around what do you think would be in store for you? ;)

^^ THIS ^^

Did the impact move your Jeep?
Could you have a 3rd party do a actual damage assessment ?
Does she have insurance and are you fully cover also ?

From 30 miles west of your house this doesn't look too bad , but subtle things can happen depending on the collision shock , ( like cracked cast parts in the winch ).

All in All it could have been much worse , but it shouldn't happened.

I hope your leg heals up quick ! and that the only damage to your TJ is the minimal crap we see in the photos !

^^ THIS ^^

Did the impact move your Jeep?
Could you have a 3rd party do a actual damage assessment ?
Does she have insurance and are you fully cover also ?

From 30 miles west of your house this doesn't look too bad , but subtle things can happen depending on the collision shock , ( like cracked cast parts in the winch ).

All in All it could have been much worse , but it shouldn't happened.

I hope your leg heals up quick ! and that the only damage to your TJ is the minimal crap we see in the photos !

She's insured, I have full coverage. Could have been worse for sure. Sent an email to the off road shop I use. Going to have them take a look at it. Have had a few days to let it and settle in. Pretty sure the bumper did it's job. At 9k ft... where are you, Rollinsville or something?

hate that for you. id test drive and visually inspect every inch of the front end. if her insurance is good they’ll probably offer something to stop a law suit.

Second this. If there is so much as a scratch, report it and sit back. A check will come. Maybe enough for some mods (or to undo some of the old ones).

She's insured, I have full coverage. Could have been worse for sure. Sent an email to the off road shop I use. Going to have them take a look at it. Have had a few days to let it and settle in. Pretty sure the bumper did it's job. At 9k ft... where are you, Rollinsville or something?

Top of Coal Creek Canyon. Sounds like the TJ survived OK. Heal up Inkedrose !

Post some pics of the winch and the mount when you can. Look for signs of impact and make very sure the mount is not distorted in any way.

Looks like she tapped it on left side coming through the cross bars of bumper

Attachments

• IMG_2709.HEIC
    1.4 MB · Views: 79
  • IMG_2710.HEIC
    1.9 MB · Views: 62
  • IMG_2712.HEIC
    1.6 MB · Views: 63
  • IMG_2715.HEIC
    1.9 MB · Views: 63
  • IMG_2716.HEIC
    1,007.9 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_2719.HEIC
    1.6 MB · Views: 62
  • IMG_2720.HEIC
    1.5 MB · Views: 59
  • IMG_2722.HEIC
    1.7 MB · Views: 63
Looks like the fairlead was hit as well? If it did you are going to have to remove the winch from the bumper and using a straightedge ensure the winch deck is still true.

I don't know about CO, but in WA I'm pretty sure you have up to 2 years to settle with insurance. If you know an attorney ask the question, then take your time and maybe don't take the first offer. Like someone said use a third party to get a quote and see if you can get the new bumper that you said you wanted.

I don't know about CO, but in WA I'm pretty sure you have up to 2 years to settle with insurance. If you know an attorney ask the question, then take your time and maybe don't take the first offer. Like someone said use a third party to get a quote and see if you can get the new bumper that you said you wanted.

I have good insurance, contacted them and they’re advocating for me with her insurance. Found a frame and suspension shop to look at it. Didn’t want to go through the headache of it but I have to many questions not to.