Colorado Holy Cross Aug 31 2019

Since I don’t have a pressing need to leave Colorado anytime soon, are there any other trails like Red Cone? That was the perfect level of scenery and difficulty for me. I might do some more wheeling tomorrow, see downtown Tuesday, and leave Wednesday.

It’s hard to leave this place...

Reactions: tworley
Since I don’t have a pressing need to leave Colorado anytime soon, are there any other trails like Red Cone? That was the perfect level of scenery and difficulty for me. I might do some more wheeling tomorrow, see downtown Tuesday, and leave Wednesday.

It’s hard to leave this place...

Argentine Pass and McClellan Mountain just out of Georgetown

Bill Moore Lake near St. Mary's

These are all longer drives and best as an overnight.

Tin Cup Pass (the short section of Old Tin Cup Pass is fun)
Pearl Pass
Schofield Pass

Reactions: jodomcfrodo
Some pictures courtesy of Jason

imagejpeg_0(4).jpg

imagejpeg_0(3).jpg

imagejpeg_0(2).jpg

imagejpeg_0(2).jpg

imagejpeg_0(1).jpg

imagejpeg_0.jpg

Argentine Pass and McClellan Mountain just out of Georgetown

Bill Moore Lake near St. Mary's

These are all longer drives and best as an overnight.

Tin Cup Pass (the short section of Old Tin Cup Pass is fun)
Pearl Pass
Schofield Pass

From looking online, Argentine seems like a good bet. Probably do that tomorrow. Jealous you guys get to live out here...

That looks easy enough for my 4yro to join, if you want company we are 100% up - just let me know the time.

I’m up for whatever time and always enjoy some company. I have no need to leave at 6:30 again. Maybe around 9:30 or 10 at the Kum and Go?

I’m up for whatever time and always enjoy some company. I have no need to leave at 6:30 again. Maybe around 9:30 or 10 at the Kum and Go?

Let's do 9.30 at that Kum & Go. If it's not too much trouble I will need to get him out at a few spots to burn some energy (basically the mines and probably the gas station).

Let's do 9.30 at that Kum & Go. If it's not too much trouble I will need to get him out at a few spots to burn some energy (basically the mines and probably the gas station).

Haha. Not a problem. Wasn’t too long ago when I was that age. I’m not in any hurry to rush through the trails. I spent 1.5 hours today at Red Cone just helping people get through a single spot. Patience is key!

Last edited:
Reactions: rasband
I was bummed I didn’t get to meet up with you guys. Life got in the way. I did get out to wheeler lake Monday with a buddy and his daughter. Unfortunately on the way home they got rear ended on highway 9 and sent off an embankment. Had angels looking out for them for sure. Only minor injuries. But the new roll bar upgrades made less than two weeks ago saved them for sure. I was able to right the jeep and load it onto my trailer and get it home for them with a little help from a few friends that also stopped to help. It’s his daughters Jeep. They have been building it up since she was twelve and she painted the jeep and the rollbar herself even. She has worked very hard to build it and is super upset about it. But it will be rebuilt.

C286FDF1-458A-4590-A2CC-4E62687C296D.jpeg

10AF94D2-C833-44C5-A23C-C16762069C39.jpeg

4F2691AD-DEE4-4B74-A978-8C7E2FE22BF0.jpeg

855582E3-8F3E-4E25-A914-594DB9473CCA.jpeg

Last edited: