How can I fix a bent C knuckle?

The length of the outer knuckle center line to the ball joint centerline is different between a 44 and 30 on the older axles but I have not checked them on a newer axles. I found that out the hard way when I put a CJ knuckle on a 44, the tie rod hit the diff cover.

The length of the outer knuckle center line to the ball joint centerline is different between a 44 and 30 on the older axles but I have not checked them on a newer axles. I found that out the hard way when I put a CJ knuckle on a 44, the tie rod hit the diff cover.

Looks like you read almost that exact sentence somewhere else on the Internet.
A 44 inner c on a 30 will effect the inner axle shafts as well.

No, I did it on my CJ and I had a similar problem swapping knuckes on the 44 in my 78 power wagon.
That’s great yet really confusing.
I was referring to putting a crane 44 inner c on a dana 30 axle in a tj.
I don’t know what you are referring to. You quoted BillaVista yet mention a tie rod and outer knuckles.

Just to clear it up. You put a 44 inner c on a 30 and didn’t have inner axle shaft issues?
Or no as in your explaining something else.

I was referring to putting a crane 44 inner c on a dana 30 axle in a tj.

That won't happen without a bit of work on the gap between the tube and the C, if I recall correctly. The Dana 30 tubes are 2.500" in diameter, and the Crane inner C is bored to 2.750"; a sleeve or a retube is required. I'll check those numbers later, if I get a chance, which will require finding my loose pair of Crane C's... 🤔

That won't happen without a bit of work on the gap between the tube and the C, if I recall correctly. The Dana 30 tubes are 2.500" in diameter, and the Crane inner C is bored to 2.750"; a sleeve or a retube is required. I'll check those numbers later, if I get a chance, which will require finding my loose pair of Crane C's... 🤔
What’s the point of your reply?
It states right on cranes website they are bored with a inner diameter of 2.500”.
Your Just spraying misinfo all this forum. Hahah that’s a fact.

The TJ inner C's are the same no matter what axle they are on and that holds for the XJ fronts, ZJ fronts, YJ fronts, and MJ stuff. All the same inner C.
You understand that’s been stated in this thread and the whole reason we are talking about inner c stuff is because of post 24. I was referencing to post 24. Then post 38 was made and it was wrong due to his lack of detail.

What’s the point of your reply?
It states right on cranes website they are bored with a inner diameter of 2.500”.
Your Just spraying misinfo all this forum. Hahah that’s a fact.

It looks like they've changed the design since I bought mine a year or three ago; at that time, 2.750" was the factory diameter of the bore, with the ability to bore them up to 3.250". I did find my set; they're factory bored at 2.750". It's interesting to know that they changed them to accept the 2.500" tubes; I guess they had people that wanted them on that tube size for some reason. Good to know; wish I had waited to buy some. Thanks for the correction!