How can I fix this axle wrap?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you know? Front or rear?

How can I fix this axle wrap?​

You must have previously owned an XJ. I haven't heard that term since I ditched the XJ forum.
Ya "Axle wrap" used to be a thing the early hot rodding days. Leaf springs would tend to twist when jumping off the line. The fix was traction bars.
I've seen the pumpkin twist on the tubes if it was not welded.

I think what Blaine was saying to you originally is that the bad pinion angle is caused by axle wrap. Causing the pinion angle to rise due to soft or shot joints, will in turn give you a bad angle. That is the definition of axle wrap(?)
I did not say that, nor did I say that the OP has axle wrap. I just asked what you call it when the lack of control allows the pinion to rise under load. Nothing more.

Reactions: Tob
I find mrblane quite pathetic. As I said before, if he cannot control the conversation, he loses control. Now he hides like a coward and has his flunkies keep his argument going for him. There’s a real man right there. Playing the victim once again. Poor mrblane.
I have no doubt mrblaine is more than capable of taking care of himself and needs nobody to back him up. He simply doesn't give a shit about your opinion. Deal with it.

I have no doubt mrblaine is more than capable of taking care of himself and needs nobody to back him up. He simply doesn't give a shit about your opinion. Deal with it.
You've watched them come and go just like I have. This one is no different. He'll get tired of being a shithead and slinging insults at some point and go crawl back under the rock from whence he came.

Yesterday the title of this thread had me thinking about leaf springs, then I saw this (y) :
You must have previously owned an XJ. I haven't heard that term since I ditched the XJ forum.

And this(y):
Is your TJ leaf sprung?
Which may be trying to make sure we are dealing with an TJ. No problem there.

Today I see that this thread seems to have gotten rolled, and/or twisted, up but at least I saw this(y)(y):
Ya "Axle wrap" used to be a thing the early hot rodding days. Leaf springs would tend to twist when jumping off the line. The fix was traction bars.
(Yes I may still have a slight amount of leaf spring addiction.) Anyway I'm pretty sure that axle wrap is an action where "wrap" is used as a verb, similar to using roll or twist as a verb. Traction bars will stop the action. Without traction bars letting off the gas will usually let the axle unwrap. If wrap were used as a noun there, axle wrap would be the blinker fluid of the exhaust wrap world.

While @warrenm may have incorrectly used it as a noun or maybe an adjective to describe the axle I don't see it being wrong enough for this:
Axle wrap is the wrong term. You just have a bad pinion angle. Axle wrap aka spring wrap is very different.
Because offering how to correct the problem instead of what words to use would be better.

That did lead to a question about an action:
If your joints are shot or too soft and the pinion rises under load, what do you call that?

And what looks like a verb as the answer:
Axle wrap

The last two posts I just quoted in this reply seem OK to me.

This thread started to get rolled or twisted up after those posts but it doesn't seem to be wrapped up...yet. 😛

Reactions: Tob and Akitadog
Yep, no idea why that dumpster is on fire, gas, few matches and I don't know what happened.
I swear you must have been born in the North. You have our "don't give a shit" mentality. After moving here to Va, I miss true honesty. I spent my life in CT. I hate the southern "hospitality" AKA "lie to your face".

I swear you must have been born in the North. You have our "don't give a shit" mentality. After moving here to Va, I miss true honesty. I spent my life in CT. I hate the southern "hospitality" AKA "lie to your face".
It's always the same shit. Folks just don't like it when they encounter someone who knows they are wrong and explains why patiently at first, then they dig in and double down. It never goes well after that. You've seen it a 100 times, then the bullshit starts.

You've watched them come and go just like I have. This one is no different. He'll get tired of being a shithead and slinging insults at some point and go crawl back under the rock from whence he came.

Unless it's Bill M., in which case he'll continue to use VPNs and fake accounts to try and get to you :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: D M
Status
Not open for further replies.