Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Folded and Tumbled forwards

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Removed from the Jeep

Votes: 18 58.1%

• Total voters

Brinta

TJ Enthusiast
In my first Wrangler, a 97 Sport, I removed them 1st day for more storage space as I rarely had more than a +1 passenger. With my new vehicle I have the seats folded up just in case I need them.
How do you keep your rear seats?

I just got a new rear seat. Or like damn near new. I think someone put it in a closet 20 years ago. It's in the Jeep in its upright position. But if I go on any extended trips without passengers. I'll be taking it out and storing it folded in the garage upright. Sitting on the metal not the fabric.

After using my rear seat twice, once on the way to and then on the way home from a restaurant that my 20 yr old son drove me and the wife to, I realized how difficult it was for any of us to sit back there and set it on a shelf...folded. The mounting brackets were removed shortly after and are in a box with the rear seat belts and the two front milk jugs.

I will hopefully be storing mine in someone else jeep soon instead of taking up valuable space in my small garage.

Reactions: Dawadog
Mine was bound up with a bungee cord and stashed in the rafters of my garage shortly after I got home from the dealer. Probably a hundred mice living in a hollowed out foam shell by now.

It has always been an advantage. Hanging out with a bunch of bone heads and the brilliant idea comes up to go somewhere, "Well, I can't drive, I only have a two seater. Who else is up? SHOTGUN!"

1st thing when I got her. Remove the back seat. Wrapped in a big trash and leaf bag and put in the cellar. I have like 3 Cj-7 seats in various barns and garages too.

I keep mine tumbled forward. I should just pull it out, because I have more than one passenger probably 2 or 3 times in a year. I just can't bring myself to taking the dang thing out.

Mine stays in the garage. It's easy enough to latch back in if a bunch of people want to ride. My dog has more room back there with the seats out. He rides back there a lot more than anyone else. A lot easy to throw crap in too, I kind of use the back as a truck bed haha.

I stored mine on eBay! Haha just messing around but seriously getting rid of the back seats was one of the best decisions I made with my Jeep. So much more (limited) room for activities.

Keep mine in the upright position. Have my wife and two children that love the Jeep so we’re in it quite often. Plan on getting another TJ pretty soon so it’ll come out completely then.

Generally removed from the Jeep. I used to put it in and use it occasionally, in that case I'd just leave it setup and ready. Now I have an XJ for when I need to carry more people.