How many of you outdoor cook with a Traeger? If not what is your BBQ rig of choice?

I have a offset smoker that can also be used as a charcoal grill, low and slow with a piece of oak wood or applewood set on the lump charcoal for flavor.

6BE6B5C1-3E31-418C-927E-24E2281DC37C.jpeg

Treated myself to a Pitt Boss for father's day... On sale at Lowes. So easy to use a vegetarian could do it!

Grabbed a $7.00 chuck roast yesterday, rubbed it and let it sit over night, then threw it on at 220 for 5 hours. Best $7.00 piece of meat I've ever had!

Smith's discount section?

#UtahSecrets

Hell yeah I usually stop there on the way home from work on a daily basis. Full racks for $10, ribeye's half off... Only thing is you have to cook it pretty quick, but I'm good on the fly.

Reactions: MikeM and DrDmoney
I also use a Pitboss pellet grill/smoker. We smoke ribs, chicken, even pizza and grill steaks, burgers, and hot dogs. It was cheaper than the Traeger and does a fantastic job. We have been really pleased with it so far. Had it a little over a year.

Reactions: DrDmoney and qslim
I also use a Pitboss pellet grill/smoker. We smoke ribs, chicken, even pizza and grill steaks, burgers, and hot dogs. It was cheaper than the Traeger and does a fantastic job. We have been really pleased with it so far. Had it a little over a year.

Yeah, I've been using it for just about everything, I prefer to cook outside just for the sake of not heating up the house in the summer when it's hot as hell. I did porkchops on it today @ 400 and really didn't notice much of a smoke flavor, just a mild wood tase. Of course at that temp you're just rifling through pellets which aren't exactly cheap, definitely something to keep in mind with these things if you think you're going to use them a lot

Reactions: DrDmoney
Smoked peppers, stuffed with cream cheese, cheddar, onion, garlic and bacon on top 2 hours at 225 with a pellet mix of hickory, cherry, apple

View attachment 101859View attachment 101860

Did you pre-cook the bacon or did it get that crispy over 2 hours?

Edit: I fucking hate this thread. Makes my fat ass want to go eat something topped with bacon every time I get in here.

• Haha
Reactions: Hog and DrDmoney
Did you pre-cook the bacon or did it get that crispy over 2 hours?

Edit: I fucking hate this thread. Makes my fat ass want to go eat something topped with bacon every time I get in here.
Nope used about a 3-4" piece across the top, no pre-cook. I did cut out some of the 100% fat sections off the bacon but the smoker crisped it up nice. It never got above 260 at any time during the smoke. I thought I might have to broil it in the oven for a few minutes to crisp up but was not needed.

If you really want to go crazy visit smokingmeatforums.com and you will go nuts!

Reactions: qslim and DrDmoney