How many of you outdoor cook with a Traeger? If not what is your BBQ rig of choice?

Here you go! Leftovers.

fullsizeoutput_dd2.jpeg

You’re really going to enjoy it. After it rests we chill it so it can be sliced really thin, then it’s on to Rueben and Rachel‘s on ciabatta with potato salad and a nice pickle.
Did you use already corned beef and do a Pastrami rub?

Did you use already corned beef and do a Pastrami rub?

No, we get a whole brisket at the butcher counter and have him cut off the fatty tip (about a third of the slab). Then it pickles for 5-7 days in the fridge, sits washed off and dried in the open still in the fridge for another day. Then in the smoker to 160°, Texas crutch wrap with foil and back in to 203°. Rest to room temp, then chill for ease of slicing.

No, we get a whole brisket at the butcher counter and have him cut off the fatty tip (about a third of the slab). Then it pickles for 5-7 days in the fridge, sits washed off and dried in the open still in the fridge for another day. Then in the smoker to 160°, Texas crutch wrap with foil and back in to 203°. Rest to room temp, then chill for ease of slicing.
No shortcuts for you, it looks awesome, guess that’s why.

I have 6 tri tips coming from a friend that is a private flight attendant, she is in CA and getting them for me. They are unheard of around me in NY. I also picked up a pork belly and am going to cube it into 1.5" and smoke me some burnt ends this weekend. I can't wait.
Really, They don’t do tri-tip on they east coast?

Really, They don’t do tri-tip on they east coast?

They kinda do, but it is called like bnls beef bottom round, or something like that. They don't have them labeled
tri-tips. And the cut may be a little different, instead of the California tri tip where you have 2 different direction of the grain, the bottom round just has one direction and the other part is missing ( gone to a different cut of beef )

Last edited:
Reactions: DrDmoney
They kinda do, but it is called like bnls beef bottom round, or something like that. They don't have them labeled
tri-tips. And the cut may be a little different, instead of the California tri tip where you have 2 different direction of the grain, the bottom round just has one direction and the other part is missing ( gone to a different cut of beef )
Kinda like the beef rib chop, you don’t see them here like you do back east.

Reactions: Thunderhead
Bottom round is more like a roast here..most tri tip is shipped west where they can get more bucks for it. It used to be ground for chuck here for a long time.

Reactions: DrDmoney and MikeM