How many of you outdoor cook with a Traeger? If not what is your BBQ rig of choice?

I use a boning knife for most everything, working in a slaughterhouse we go through these knifes real quick, wear them down to nubs in 3 months. The longer one was bought for me and is really nice for slicing

Keeping the boning knife sharp is the key, get a good steal and get at it

I would never use a knife from a set to cut my raw meat.

6206B76A-D982-4CDE-AEF5-660CD518855F.jpeg
449D434A-1B44-4334-AAFA-C917E60A5288.jpeg

I got an LBGE in 2004 & gave it a workout for about 10 years, can't even guess how many dead cows pigs & chickens smoked their way through that thing plus about 1000 pizzas. Then I stopped eating meat almost entirely probably going on 5 years ago so since then it's been a large paper weight, but since i built a custom home for it I keep it around

IMG_1358.JPG

it just occurred to me that my Egg & my TJ were both built in 2004, like brothers from another mother, so there's that :rolleyes:😜

I got an LBGE in 2004 & gave it a workout for about 10 years, can't even guess how many dead cows pigs & chickens smoked their way through that thing plus about 1000 pizzas. Then I stopped eating meat almost entirely probably going on 5 years ago so since then it's been a large paper weight, but since i built a custom home for it I keep it around

View attachment 102501

it just occurred to me that my Egg & my TJ were both built in 2004, like brothers from another mother, so there's that :rolleyes:😜
you can still make pizza's!

Wow, you're smoking those little decorative pumpkins that show up in my house every fall.. Never really knew what their point was

They are squash. Apparently I got the pumpkin squash and yellow zucchini seeds on accident.
Time to lock your car doors at church during zucchini season.

• Haha
Reactions: Indy and DrDmoney
Has anybody found an electronic thermometer that is worth a damn? I have one from Amazon. Two probes, one for the smoker, one for the meat. It also has a remote so I can monitor the temps from inside the house. Problem is that it is very inaccurate. I can connect both probes, have them sitting on the kitchen counter with one reading 88 and the other 46. I've tried switching probes also, I have a few different ones.

Has anybody found an electronic thermometer that is worth a damn? I have one from Amazon. Two probes, one for the smoker, one for the meat. It also has a remote so I can monitor the temps from inside the house. Problem is that it is very inaccurate. I can connect both probes, have them sitting on the kitchen counter with one reading 88 and the other 46. I've tried switching probes also, I have a few different ones.

Which one do you have now? My brother in law has been speaking highly of the "Weber iGrill" series, which he got pretty close to perfect steaks for us with. There's a chance he's just good, though.

I think this set: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N9AM3GP/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Reactions: DrDmoney
A thermometer has been really useful for me in getting the "doneness" perfect. I cant remember exactly what I have but I picked it up at King Soopers. I want to say it was under $10. I have noticed it is about 10° off, though its consistent. 160 for beef is 170 on my thermometer.

I love bbqing and smoking, my dad made a barrel smoker and we use it for everything, grill, bbq, smoking, its awesome!!

Reactions: DrDmoney
We swam all afternoon and I put some spare ribs on at 2. Cut into St Louis style plus all that great cartilage. Forgot to take pic as my boys devoured them

I use a Big Green Egg, and really like it. They are very versital, you can smoke at 250, or sear a steak at 800. I've smoked for 16 hours and still had fuel left, their efficiency is amazing. I haves started cheating and using a Flameboss temperature controller. The flame boss is cloud based so I can monitor cooks anywhere feom my iPhone.
Pizzas ony beef are really great also Mac n Cheese in a cast iron skillet
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I use a Big Green Egg, and really like it. They are very versital, you can smoke at 250, or sear a steak at 800. I've smoked for 16 hours and still had fuel left, their efficiency is amazing. I haves started cheating and using a Flameboss temperature controller. The flame boss is cloud based so I can monitor cooks anywhere feom my iPhone.
Pizzas ony beef are really great also Mac n Cheese in a cast iron skillet View attachment 105472View attachment 105473

View attachment 105474
That stuff looks amazing!. I have never heard of Flameboss but have considered other brands. I have had so much bad luck with remote thermometers that I hesitate to spend a bunch of $ on a system like that.