How many of you outdoor cook with a Traeger? If not what is your BBQ rig of choice?

That stuff looks amazing!. I have never heard of Flameboss but have considered other brands. I have had so much bad luck with remote thermometers that I hesitate to spend a bunch of $ on a system like that.
The guys over at smokingmeatforums.com are constantly talking about there PID controllers for keeping exact temp remotely.

I bought this bluetooth thermometer and seems very accurate with 6 probes, it tested dead on at 212 in boiling water.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07NW9GSC2/?tag=wranglerorg-20

What’s the best kind of sausage? Bacon sausage! Oh the pesto sausage was pretty tasty too.

C326F908-530C-43E2-95EC-D8BF9EF9FC28.jpeg

Reactions: TJ Starting
Stopped by Lockeford Meats and picked up some of their locally famous sausage and this marinated tri tip. It’s crazy that you have to wait in a line that stretches down the sidewalk and around the corner most times.

E45D50DC-EBB5-4C9D-8BAB-8D2BE66F0D04.jpeg

Reactions: TJ Starting
I didn't read through each post so I'm not sure if spices have come up but this is my shameless plug for a dear friend Chris Capell, co-founder/owner/operator of Dizzy Pig bbq spice company. They're based in Virginia & have been in business for going on 20 years. I met Chris many years ago & have had the pleasure of cooking with him on a number of occasions, he's really one of the most passionate people I've met in this life & it really shows in his products. Truthfully I've lost track of the spice line-up, he's always coming up with new flavors but continues to produce the classics that put him on the map in this very competitive market. Dizzy Pig has a team that competes on a national level & they've had quite a bit of success in that regard. Chris is the mrblaine of spice.

If you're looking for something far superior than what's sitting on the supermarket shelf give them a try, you won't be disappointed.

https://dizzypigbbq.com/
I had a lull in my usage when I gave up meat as a regular thing but experienced a resurgence when I realized just how helpful the right spices can be on veggies, let's face it they need a little more help than meat :LOL:. Here's a few new jars I recently picked up:

DP.JPG

Last edited:
I got a Camp Chef pellet grill a couple of years ago and love it, my only complaint is that it doesn't really get hot enough for searing, it struggles to get close to 400. But I would really miss it while away with the travel trailer, so I bought a Green Mountain Davy Crocket for the camper, now that little thing will get HOT ( I've had it over 550 and have no doubt that it will go well over 600). I will use it at home when I want a reverse seared steak or a good charred burger.

Reactions: DrDmoney
Well I got a little zealous with the smoke, fire department showed up, after I shut the grill down! No one knew what they where doing on my street! I sent them up the road not knowing, they eventually came back. So embarrassing, but, they were grinning. Ugh, Friday the 13th on Sunday!

Last edited:
My choice....

Offset that I've spent many loving hours building. Flows and draws very well. I've put it through the meat in the last two years, delicious. Doing some renovating right now though. I'm rebuilding the door system on the firebox and planning and replacing the expanded metal cooking surface with a solid steel rod one.

20191010_221457.jpg

My choice....

Offset that I've spent many loving hours building. Flows and draws very well. Doing some renovating right now though. I'm rebuilding the door system on the firebox and planning and replacing the expanded metal cooking surface with a solid steel rod one.

View attachment 119465
Just the looks of that beast has me drolling for smoked hog!

Looks great and I like the new profile pic.

View attachment 121754

Thanks. That’s all @Indy , his long exposure camera at Buck Island, (Rubicon name drop) the light on the Jeep are coming from our camp fire. The background lights were some buggy rigs heading out for a night run with light around their wheels. Good timing