How many of you think you'll have your TJ for life?

I bought my TJ new in 2006, drove it daily until Nov of 2016. Now it has its place of honor as the family beach buggy/weekend ride. The new F-150 gets parked outside and the Jeep gets the garage.

I know, it's absolutely insane. I didn't believe it until I rode in one. It truly is an eye opening experience.

ANYONE who is skeptical of electric cars will change their mind once they ride in a Tesla with the pedal to the metal.
If you think JKU's are expensive, try a Tesla.:D

Reactions: Chris
I dont know if i will have this one for life but I will always have one I assume. they are too much fun to drive to not have one. As someone has already stated, its close to riding but safer considering the amount of idiots allowed to drive these days.

If you think JKU's are expensive, try a Tesla.:D
This does have me wondering what the 2nd hand market will be like for EV's in the future. Will they have planned obsolescence built into them like iPhones etc or will they just keeping going since you won't have timing chains, brake disks and transfer cases which need attention.

There is no question or doubt about it for me. My TJ will remain with me (one owner TJ) for life. I told my kids that if after I pass someone other than family gets it I will come back and haunt them forever :aplastao::biggrin::ghost:

We also have a 2014 JKU which is my wife's DD and it will be passed down to my daughter when my wife gets a new vehicle. It will also most likely stay within the family.

when I was 25 I bought my first Jeep, a CJ7 Laredo
001_zpsohfk8yt8.jpg

thought that one was going to be it...but alas, two many issues piled up, and back then I didn't have the knowledge to fix them as fast as they popped up

now I have a TJ
image4-3.jpg

that I've modded a bit, and was thinking that it may be the one (again)...of course there has been 30 years since that CJ so this one may be the last one, who knows

You and me both. I actually think that would be so cool!
There are companies out there that sell kits also DIY type of kits to make your own car EV.
This company will convert a VW Beetle to an EV http://www.zelectricmotors.com/
They remove the Engine and attache a electric motor the to transmission and add batteries in place of the gas tank.

There are companies out there that sell kits also DIY type of kits to make your own car EV.
This company will convert a VW Beetle to an EV http://www.zelectricmotors.com/
They remove the Engine and attache a electric motor the to transmission and add batteries in place of the gas tank.

Yep, I've seen them. Unfortunately, the kits cost way more than I would want to pay.

This does have me wondering what the 2nd hand market will be like for EV's in the future. Will they have planned obsolescence built into them like iPhones etc or will they just keeping going since you won't have timing chains, brake disks and transfer cases which need attention.
They'd like to plan obsolescence into automobiles! Most people are plugged into getting a new one every 3-5 years anyway! Not me, I drive automobiles till the cost me more to maintain them than it does to get something else new (to me).

Reactions: Reign Mack
when I was 25 I bought my first Jeep, a CJ7 Laredo
View attachment 20432

thought that one was going to be it...but alas, two many issues piled up, and back then I didn't have the knowledge to fix them as fast as they popped up

now I have a TJ
View attachment 20433

that I've modded a bit, and was thinking that it may be the one (again)...of course there has been 30 years since that CJ so this one may be the last one, who knows
What flares are you running on that TJ? Do they give you more fender well clearance?

Edit: I think I see an M, might be Metalcloaks???

What flares are you running on that TJ? Do they give you more fender well clearance?

Edit: I think I see an M, might be Metalcloaks???

yup, the fenders/flares and rock rails are by metalcloak..I'd say they give a few more inches of clearance over the stock flares, especially once I add a bit of lift to the front to level it back out again after installing the winch/bumper

the pic shows it sitting on 33's with a 2" BB while I'm deciding on what springs I want to use...probably needs another 1"-1 1/2"s more lift in the front to level it out

Reactions: JMT
As I told my wife why I have three jeeps.... Jeeps are Legos for adults. When you are a kid you played with legos forever ( I still do with my kids) and now I have a jeep. Its a lego vehicle for adults. Limitless options!!!

Yes for life... The day I can't climb into my TJ with 6"lift on 35s is the day you can put me out to pasture. Every year I pledge to do something significant to make it more fun. Had the 04 since 2010. This year she got a mega short sye plus Tom wood drive shaft. She runs solid and awesome off-road. Not many vehicles I could do this too.

Reactions: Reign Mack