How much does your TJ weigh?

Way way too much currently but I keep telling myself it’s ok since it has a Currie 60 rear and a Core44 front axle then the 140# each wheel and tire combo so that’s a lot of unstrung weight. But I’m not fooling myself. It’s going on a diet over the winter. As I’m replacing the front fenders with Aluminum highlines, replacing the rear corners and fenders with Aluminum and replacing the belly pan and oil pan skids with Aluminum.

4281FD0D-2714-44B7-AAB5-EAA2FC72EEC0.jpeg

Last time I weighed my LJ- Front 2160, 1080/1080 split. Rear is 2060, DS 1040/ PS 1020. No meat in the seat, full tank of fuel.
I've recently replaced the front fenders with stock units and did a tuck with Savvy skid plates. I'll get a new weight in a couple of weeks.

IMG-2358.JPG

My 99 Sahara was 4080 topless, with me and 3/4 tank, 32" tires, and a stupidly heavy rear bumper. I suspect my LJ would be about 120 pounds heavier since it's got 35s but otherwise the same mods except a stock rear bumper. I figure the bumper and the lack of Sahara niceties are roughly a wash with 15" of tub and frame.

Reactions: Irun
Gross weight 4120 lb
1860 - 2260 split

Tire carrier
heavy AZ rock sliders
5 Wheels, 17x9 rim 30 lb each + 31" tire
Almost a full tank
5 gal gas can
~ 30 lb of butyl insulator
~ 50 lb of tools and other crap
no back seat
soft top

Last edited:
Before 3,590 lbs - Stock Vehicle Weight (At purchase time), With Full Tank of Gas and No Passenger.
This is a Sport Model, with the only options being full doors, A/C, and automatic transmission

After 3950 lbs - With a list of weight and functional focused modifications, including:
- Savvy Double Adjustable Control Arms
- Savvy UA and gas tank skids
- Currie front and rear track bars
- Yukon small hub kit
- H&R Springs
- Black Max shocks
- NP241OR
- Dana 44 Rubicon rear, with Revolution axles
- Rear UCF Bumper
- Savvy Front Bumper (W/Hoop, Winch Plate, and Hardcore Ends)
- Tires and Wheels (Pro Comp 69 15x8 and Mickey Thompson 31" MTZP3)
- Warn XP Winch and TRE 3/8 Rope, Thimble and Fairlead
- Savvy Rocker Guards and Sliders

20210911_163234-jpg.jpg

Before 3,590 lbs - Stock Vehicle Weight (At purchase time), With Full Tank of Gas and No Passenger.
This is a Sport Model, with the only options being full doors, A/C, and automatic transmission

After 3950 lbs - With a list of weight and functional focused modifications, including:
- Yukon small hub kit
- H&R Springs
- Black Max shocks
- NP241OR
- Rear UCF Bumper

View attachment 280237

Nice !
200.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Tob and Irun

- Yukon small hub kit
- H&R Springs
- Black Max shocks
- NP241OR
- Rear UCF Bumper
Awesome build. I love your combination of functional mods and weight savings. Also pretty to look at underneath.