How much will someone pay for a Jeep?

I paid $15k for the Moose with 32k miles. Bought it from a Chevy dealership.

I pointed out a small dent in the hood. They knocked off $500 and gave me a year of free carwashes.

That was in '09.

wow

Reactions: DrDmoney
I bought my Wrangler in 2008, so it was 8 years old for $9k. JK's had only been out for one year at the time, so it was a great deal at the time. Their prices do seem a bit absurd today. The good news is that mine has actually gained in value since I bought it, as it is a lot better now than then.

What it looked like when I bought it, it had 102k miles, and now has about 135k miles:

DSC00569.jpg

Reactions: DrDmoney and Alex01
You think TJ unlimiteds are high, try to find an M38A1. This guy just came up for sale here.

View attachment 123851View attachment 123852

My father in law was looking for one like he rode in Vietnam when he manned the 50 cal on it. I was finding rusted garbage for $4k. Finally found one from a former military guy in KS and got them in touch. He got his for $7,500 and paid to have it hauled here because the top speed is 55 mph and he has no top. I think it has 40,000 miles on it because the guy drove it to a military base as a commuter on nice days.

It didn't come with the 50 cal installed though. :(

TJ Unlimiteds will go up in price. TJs too. It's the nature of cars. Ours get abused so much they'll go up sooner.
It’s like, the JL came out and the TJ/LJ’s went up in value and the JK went down

What are the numbers though. They made what 50,000+ 2 door TJ unlimiteds and 900,000 TJs in 10 years. They sold more Liberties and Cherokees.

The wider 4 door JKs and JLs have sold better.

20 year old 4 door JLs should be cheaper due to volume alone.

Reactions: DrDmoney
So I went by there today on my way to pick up the wife from the airport and I passed by the dealer. I figured if the LJ was still there he would surely drop the price from $16k to $12k or &13k.
08897511-6776-4588-979D-C805E03D5F28.jpeg

i couldn’t be more wrong.

Reactions: il buono
Reckon he did that so he could drop the price for ya'?

Remember she's at the airport man .