How to install a cabin filter

As of yet, no, it's still considered a functional prototype. I wanted to test it a bit before deciding where to go from there.

shut up and take my money GIF by Product Hunt

and if its raining hard and driving 40-50mph water drips on the passenger feet.

I'm actually surprised it doesn't happened parked in a hard rain. I wasn't aware of there was a TJ year that camp with more venting in the cowl, but that can't be helping your situation.

While working on this design, I had the factory duct pulled off the fresh air intake in the sub-cowl for a few weeks, I got water in the passenger's footwell every time it rained, parked.

Last edited:
I'm actually surprised it doesn't happen parked in a hard rain. I wasn't aware of there was a TJ year that camp with more venting in the cowl, but that can't be helping your situation.

While working on this design, I had the factory duct pulled off the fresh air intake in the sub-cowl for a few weeks, I got water in the passenger's footwell every time it rained, parked.

Oddly, I’ve never noticed it when parked, or even driving slowly. But yes, earlier TJ’s have 3 vents on the cowl instead of 1.

Reactions: chili_pepper
Not sure why you facepalmed my comment Corky. I’ve made 100% sure my drain is completely clear, and if its raining hard and driving 40-50mph water drips on the passenger feet. It’s completely not a drain blockage issue.

@DWR I'm not sure why I would've facepalmed your comment either?? No explanation or excuse... I also have a 97 and have experienced the same issue on the passenger feet; mostly driving after rain or parked with heavy rain in the PNW.

Last edited: