How To Replace Rubicon Axle Air Fitting

I can work with that. Just great to know that is (likely) what will fix my issue. I’ll pick up some 3/16 fuel tubing just in case, but plan to open the diff up and reattach a tube I now know is hooked to nothing. I’ll jb weld the fitting in place with a tube on each end and hopefully have a rear locker that works like my front.

Thanks again! Cheers!
5/32 tubing. 3/16 is a wee bit too big.

Pulled the cover to get this started last night. My fitting is rusted in there really good. I hit it with some PB blaster and let it sit for what its worth. I'm going to use a chisel and drill to see if i can break it free today. I'm doing all this with the axle still under the jeep and the carrier installed, fwiw.

Any tips for getting the internal hose of the fitting? I'm not sure how much pulling the tube can take without tearing it. I tried twisting it but had trouble getting my hand in there.

Pulled the cover to get this started last night. My fitting is rusted in there really good. I hit it with some PB blaster and let it sit for what its worth. I'm going to use a chisel and drill to see if i can break it free today. I'm doing all this with the axle still under the jeep and the carrier installed, fwiw.

Any tips for getting the internal hose of the fitting? I'm not sure how much pulling the tube can take without tearing it. I tried twisting it but had trouble getting my hand in there.
Its been a while, but I think I used a screwdriver to push the tube off. If you can get it to twist first, you're in good shape. I did mine with the carrier installed too.

Reactions: PRNDL
Success! I have a functioning rear locker!

PXL_20211123_031840810.MP.jpg

Reactions: Lax22 and Mike_H