Howdy y'all from Texas!

Welcome LTTJ. This is the best jeepforum around. Lots of good people here...i don't live in Texas, but hopefully someday

Texas is a great place to be! I'm 5th generation and we aren't going anywhere! A lot of good jobs in Texas and cost of living is very reasonable!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum...if you cant get an answer to you Jeep problems on here there is something wrong(note I didn't say a ' good' answer) lol
Need to ask @Chris which state is the most represented on here...I'm thinking its gotta be Texas??

Reactions: LTTJ and Chris
Seems to me like it might be Texas, California, or Oregon.
We're so spread out here in TX though, I can't even find anyone to wheel with. Had one offer from a guy in Austin that I found through another forum :rolleyes:, but schedule wouldn't allow.

My first thoughts were OR or CA.

Reactions: LTTJ
We're so spread out here in TX though, I can't even find anyone to wheel with. Had one offer from a guy in Austin that I found through another forum :rolleyes:, but schedule wouldn't allow.

That's what you get for having such a big state!

Ill let you know the next time I go to wolf caves or Hiddenfalls

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Ill let you know the next time I go to wolf caves or Hiddenfalls

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Sounds good, that would be fun, vice versa. Nice Jeep, checked your profile, you're a little higher than me but we would match up pretty well

Last edited:
Reactions: Blackout and LTTJ
I've been lurking and posting, but I haven't done a proper intro yet! So here goes!

I've wanted a Jeep since I was a kid. When it came time to buy my first car while I was in college, I just didn't think I could afford a Jeep, so I settled for a VW Beetle. My next car was a VW diesel Jetta that I've had since 2012... but we all know what happened there. Needless to say, it was not hard to convince my Jeeper husband to use our buyback money from VW to get me a TJ Rubicon.

It took about 6 weeks, but I found a beautiful 2005 TJ Rubicon with 58,000 miles on it. It was previously owned by a small town pharmacist in Louisiana who took great care of it. If you are lurking around here pharmacist, thank you!

Needless to say, I love it. My husband loves it. My son loves it. We are city dwellers and it's my daily driver, but we are already making plans for camping/off-roading with it after I have a few things fixed.

I'm very excited about the community here. I am looking to learn a lot from everyone and hopefully contribute in a meaningful way!

LTView attachment 18487

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Welcome! I live in Grapevine. We should meet up sometime. Lots of local clubs in the area. Look them up on Facebook if you haven't already. North Texas Jeep Club and Predator Jeep Club (I didn't choose the name lol).

Reactions: LTTJ and Brantley
Also most people who live in the Dallas area go to Bridgeport,TX. It's about an hour and a half away. The other closest place is Gilmer, TX that is around 2 1/2 hours away. I hear not to go to Bridgeport until it's been dry for two weeks or so because it will either take forever to clean or the red clay will never come off. I hear Gilmer is much nicer but it is further. I'm originally from Texarkana, TX and have a lot of friends in Arkansas. If I go anywhere it's usually on a family friends private property when we are hunting, or I'll just take a road trip to Hot Springs like I did recently. Roughly 5-6 hours away.

Welcome, from another Texan!

I'm from all over this state, raised in Beaumont, student at A&M, parents moved to Conroe, and I'm currently in Lewisville for an internship in Dallas til December when I go back to College Station. It's hot out, but I love this state.

Last edited:
Welcome! I live in Grapevine. We should meet up sometime. Lots of local clubs in the area. Look them up on Facebook if you haven't already. North Texas Jeep Club and Predator Jeep Club (I didn't choose the name lol).

Didn't know you're in Grapevine. Cool. I'm in Lewisville and I help a YJ buddy of mine fix his Jeep frequently in Grapevine where he lives. If you ever need a hand wrenching, let me know. I'm almost always more than willing to help if you need the extra hands. I know what it's like to need the help and not have the hands available.