HRNT: Part 2

Nice to see a 4.0L on the H&R springs. They will be going on my Rubicon this winter (my "Don't drive the Jeep" Season). The springs, along with a Savvy Body Lift and 3/4" spacer (if necessary) should be just right on my 255/75R17 Mud-Terrains

Reactions: Travis
I got the new shocks and springs installed last week. HRNT rides so much better than it did before & the new set up gave me 1.5" of lift. I knew those old springs were sagging, but I didn't think it would change to look this much. I really like it, she's finally sitting level & has much better road manners. I am extremely happy with the ride quality, the difference is noticealbe.

I have been reading some How To threads about toe in and alignment for our TJ's, seems pretty straight forward, so I'm going to be doing that.

I also installed the new windshield hinges. I'm not happy withe the way the Crown Automotive one's fit and should have bought the Mopar set I was looking at. They didn't cover the entire un-painted area underneath and had some gaps on top. I filled that gap with some RTV until I can get some paint under there (or buy the Mopar set o_O).
View attachment 22156 View attachment 22158 View attachment 22159

Seeing your photos makes me want to put a lift like this in my jeep.

Reactions: Travis and Kiwi TJ
Nice photo of the springs. I'd love to see all the different mfg. springs next to the oems in a lineup, just for comparisons's sake..
Unfortunately the shop that installed the springs and shocks disposed of the old set. I wanted to see the difference too.

Unfortunately the shop that installed the springs and shocks disposed of the old set. I wanted to see the difference too.
I didn't snap a pic of them but I still have my stock springs and did compare them side by side before the install. For me the rear H&R springs were an inch taller than stock roughly, the fronts however were just about level with the stockers meaning they're stiffer/firmer.

Reactions: Travis
I didn't snap a pic of them but I still have my stock springs and did compare them side by side before the install. For me the rear H&R springs were an inch taller than stock roughly, the fronts however were just about level with the stockers meaning they're stiffer/firmer.
That's exactly how I think HRNT handles after the install. More firm & more responsive, both a plus in my book.

Reactions: Chris