IPerkWVU's Shale Green 04 Rubicon Build

Looking good! Reminds me of my M38 jeep.
Mine will stay on 33's
"Must avoid the cosmic bunny hole"

Reactions: DrDmoney
Got turn signals install. I wasn't a huge fan of the JK turn signal mod so wired in the 3wire MCE LEDs in the front fenders.

Running without markers for now. I might get another set of 3 wire leds and place them in the side of the grill/inner fender down the road.

had to troubleshoot the install for about an hour and a half.... I had left the OEM bulbs in the marker lights, causing issues. The dash turn signals were off, turn signal functions not working, etc.
IMG_20200412_154759.jpg

Sold this guy today to add to the Jeep fund. It’s going on a 16 yr olds first Jeep which is a Cherokee with a massive warn logo on the hood, he had to get the winch to match. Knowing the place he plans to wheel, it will get some use.
5F3C2786-7D6A-49E8-97B5-F554CE6188CE.jpeg

still need to get this sandblasted and up for sale

edit: sold in a day on Facebook,getting shipped out, stripped and repowdercoated to go on a Brute
D691D3EE-342B-4ACD-8143-22684DB6C45F.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: DrDmoney
Jeep got some new rubber today - 35" MT/rs.

Cycled the front suspension today to figure out the next steps. Next day it's not raining I'll tackle the rear.

I'll either run with 2" Bumpstop up front on the existing setup (not sure what rear looks like yet) or move to Currie 4" coils and rocksport shocks.

Had to do something different than the 15" wheels and ranchos

I might swap out my 1.25 spacers for 1.5 spacers, right now the new tires can get into the AR arms pretty good.

IMG_20200502_100625.jpg
IMG_0260_exported_5774056409307937127.jpg

Been a little slow but have the front clear at 1.75" bumps on the OME shocks once I got the arms extended a bit. I'll be trimming down these 2" poly mounts I have. Also swapped out new Crown Bumpstops and cups. Mine were rusty.

True test will be if I can fit those rear tires in the wheelwell. Right now I had it bumped 2" so not real interested in extending past that. We'll see this weekend.

IMG_20200507_180454.jpg
IMG_20200507_172314.jpg
IMG_20200507_180228.jpg

Been a little slow but have the front clear at 1.75" bumps on the OME shocks once I got the arms extended a bit. I'll be trimming down these 2" poly mounts I have. Also swapped out new Crown Bumpstops and cups. Mine were rusty.

True test will be if I can fit those rear tires in the wheelwell. Right now I had it bumped 2" so not real interested in extending past that. We'll see this weekend.

View attachment 159718View attachment 159719View attachment 159720
Might want to flush out the drain hole in your upper bump tower. It looks a little clogged and that can rust out as well. New tires looks great!

Might want to flush out the drain hole in your upper bump tower. It looks a little clogged and that can rust out as well. New tires looks great!
Do you know if there Is there a weldnut on the inside of that bump tower or is it just tapped/threaded

Reason I ask is the driver side bolt was spinning and was having a tough time getting the bolt out.

To answer your question, they're compacted with mud/dirt. Now that you mentioned it, I'll hit it with the pressure washer before installing the springs tomorrow!

Do you know if there Is there a weldnut on the inside of that bump tower or is it just tapped/threaded

Reason I ask is the driver side bolt was spinning and was having a tough time getting the bolt out.

To answer your question, they're compacted with mud/dirt. Now that you mentioned it, I'll hit it with the pressure washer before installing the springs tomorrow!
I think it’s just tapped, you could always tap a new thread in it or go up a size if it’s spinning. I repainted the inside of mine when I flushed it out, that’s a way less fun repair if it rusts 😂

I think it’s just tapped, you could always tap a new thread in it or go up a size if it’s spinning. I repainted the inside of mine when I flushed it out, that’s a way less fun repair if it rusts 😂
Yea, both shock/coil towers got a full POR15 treatment over the past few days as part of this process, not thrilled with what I scraped out behind the Bumpstop tower but it's nothing I haven't seen before. After flush tower and hit it with some Rust-Oleum rust inhibitor.

Reactions: BuildBreakRepeat
Took a detour before cycling the rear axle to install a arb compressor I picked up from a fellow club member. They had the ARB switch but I opted for an OEM style. Air intake extended up about 10” up and added a quick connect that’s on an L bracket using the driver sway bar bolt.
E77970B2-5C74-4B84-AAEA-6A02377ABC30.jpeg
FFBD7585-E56B-4F40-8865-23711C6DBDC3.jpeg

Last edited:
So keeping the OME springs / coils with the new tires.

Cycled the rear today, was able to stay at the 2” bump +.25 Jounce after some control arm adjustment (shortened the rear lowers to 15.5). At full bump the track is about a slip of paper away from the savvy GTS bolt.

final bump on the fronts ended at 1.5+.25 new jounce

Rear tires just barely fit without trimming
E43E1CC7-01F2-4077-9922-0267E37ECCC6.jpeg

DE4DB268-89FA-48C3-988E-2E413B86BE32.jpeg

Baby mods today

-Installed spyderwebshade TJkini for the trektop Sunrider. This is a great little mod, always feel like I’m baking with it open, much better now

- Driveway aligned the TJ

installed K Suspension Fabs harness for my KC H4 headlights. One of those ‘everyone on the forum is doing it’ purchases. Super easy plug-and-play

drove it! The 35” D m/trs definitely soakup the small bumps better than my E 33s.