Is it possible to replace the entire exhaust without removing the skid plates?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure removing the exhaust is easy with a sawzall. Installing the 2 bolt flange between the third cat and the muffler along with making sure everything is lined up properly and clears everything is another story.

• Haha
Reactions: Skyler and Chris
Sure removing the exhaust is easy with a sawzall. Installing the 2 bolt flange between the third cat and the muffler along with making sure everything is lined up properly and clears everything is another story.
What do you mean. I cut the flange off my new rear cat and the pipe is 2.25ID, my new muffler is 2.5ID which will slide right over the pipe. Clamp it. That’s done and ready to hang.
I don’t understand how no one cant visualize this lol. Removing the skid plate isn’t needed to install the two cats. After hanging the muffler and rear cat I’ll just need to line up the two cats to the manifold and install the 4 bolts and then just play around with the pipe the leads to the rear cat which will slide in easily ....?

A578CD6C-281C-461F-83C0-DC42E1E94961.jpeg

I don’t think I am 🤷‍♀️ Can’t believe how everyone responds to this idea though and how it will benefit you and save you some labor that’s not needed
Mr. Blaine is not wrong..........You definitely are...........BUT
You should do a "how to " thread with lots of pictures and detailed descriptions I'm sure it will get lots of views and comments.

Please, do whatever it is you please... I wouldn't want my exhaust hanging below my frame like that but again, do whatever it is you want...

Reactions: Artsifrtsi
Please, do whatever it is you please... I wouldn't want my exhaust hanging below my frame like that but again, do whatever it is you want...
How will it be hanging below the frame when the new cat and muffler will be in the rubber boot mount located just above the skid plate that’s easily accessible secured? Ahahha you make zero sense.

I wouldn't want my exhaust hanging below my frame like that but again, do whatever it is you want...

It's ok... the dropped transfer case skid will get caught well before the exhaust. Instead of tummy tuck, this one went the beer-belly route...

@Skyler You need more attention to your body mounts than your exhaust... the two mounts in your picture both have bent bolts, that would be a safety issue.

• Haha
Reactions: Skyler and Chris
It's ok... the dropped transfer case skid will get caught well before the exhaust. Instead of tummy tuck, this one went the beer-belly route...

@Skyler You need more attention to your body mounts than your exhaust... the two mounts in your picture both have bent bolts, that would be a safety issue.
My whole Jeep is a safety issue lol. Shell isn’t budging or going anywhere anytime soon but thanks for bringing that to my attention I had no clue ? lol

How will it be hanging below the frame when the new cat and muffler will be in the rubber boot mount located just above the skid plate that’s easily accessible secured? Ahahha you make zero sense.
You posted a picture showing your exhaust below the frame.

• Haha
Reactions: EzPeezy
Why would you want to? Just remove the skid, easy peasy. Could have taken it off and back on 10 times just during this thread.

Reactions: TJ Starting
Just educate yourself kid and shut up will you. Honestly. You’ve showcased your knowledge and I responded with answers that make you look dumb. Move on.

How do I look dumb ay? Im not the fuckin hoser asking stupid questions on the internet bud.

Why would you want to? Just remove the skid, easy peasy. Could have taken it off and back on 10 times
How do I look dumb ay? Im not the fuckin hoser asking stupid questions on the internet bud.
You don’t look dumb you are dumb! Trying to teach me about how the flange etc won’t line up hahaha the muffler and cat will already be attached together before installing the hanger into the rubber boot you mongrel! Just shut up and go educate yourself before trying to teach me something you stupid little boy.

• Face Palm
Reactions: KingCarGuyZ
You don’t look dumb you are dumb! Trying to teach me about how the flange etc won’t line up hahaha the muffler and cat will already be attached together before installing the hanger into the rubber boot you mongrel! Just shut up and go educate yourself before trying to teach me something you stupid little boy.
Have you checked the diameter of an ants pee hole lately?

• Haha
Reactions: KingCarGuyZ
Hey now, chill dude. You asked a question. Most people said it could be done, but it's easier to get it done by removing the skid. That's all there is to it. No need to continue to damage your reputation just because you didn't like the WAY some people answered your question. That's going to happen in life.

I would like to point out 2 Things.
1: when I did my primary CAT's I took the skidplate off just to get better access. it was well worth even though I didn't mess with anything south of the first. connection.
2: you have spent more time arguing here than it would have taken you to take the skid plate off, maybe more than it would to do the entire job. plate or not.

Reactions: EzPeezy and Zorba
I would like to point out 2 Things.
1: when I did my primary CAT's I took the skidplate off just to get better access. it was well worth even though I didn't mess with anything south of the first. connection.
2: you have spent more time arguing here than it would have taken you to take the skid plate off, maybe more than it would to do the entire job. plate or not.
Skid plate isn’t in the way to access the bolts to the manifold— one those bolts are out the whole thing is dropping to the ground— gone.
I’m not arguing ahhahaha I’m standing my ground and not allowing trolls to try and tell me that black is white? Lol. Everyone else are the ones with the issue here.
I’m saying for ME it will be a whole lot easier to install the muffler with the rear cat as the first unit without touching the skid plate at all, and then just installing the two cats at the manifold. The rubber boot that the hanger sits in is rubber....you can push back or forward to line the pipes up there.

everyone else thinks it’s easier taking the skid plate off, okay. Good for you guys. Lol do that. I’m not going that route because it’s not needed in my eyes and why work harder when I can work smarter. That’s it.

Status
Not open for further replies.