Is something missing from my rear lower spring perch?

jazngab

Done but not quite finished
Supporting Member
My rear lower spring perches have the nut and bolt exposed. It has a retainer plate that holds the lower spring in place. The bolt tears up my bump stop when it contacts. Something I’ve noticed, every other TJ rear lower spring perch I’ve seen has the raised pad to contact the upper bump stop. Am I missing something or is this how some rear axles came from factory. FWIW, it’s a Dana 44 that came from a TJ sport.

66012893-31C9-40EC-98CA-BE69502EF158.jpeg

My rear lower spring perches have the nut and bolt exposed. It has a retainer plate that holds the lower spring in place. The bolt tears up my bump stop when it contacts. Something I’ve noticed, every other TJ rear lower spring perch I’ve seen has the raised pad to contact the upper bump stop. Am I missing something or is this how some rear axles came from factory. FWIW, it’s a Dana 44 that came from a TJ sport.

View attachment 394784

That shouldn’t be there. I can’t tell exactly what’s under what looks like a round plate. I’d remove that nut and then the bolt if you can or if not cut off the bolt and weld on the round plate if you need it or just remove it if you can

Reactions: jazngab
I dont think the perch itself is a factory part..can you snap a couple more pics from different angles please??

Yeah, I suspect that bolt is somehow attached to or through bolted into the axle tube. 🙄