Is this frame in bad shape?

It doesn't matter how thick the metal is where that hole is on the bracket, what matters is how thick the metal is on the frame rail where I circled.View attachment 283176
When you see this , there is no reason to hope the inside is better, and so what if it is.

This frame is disintegrating.

I’m not trying to be a buzz killer, but there are way too many good ones to go this route. Way too many.

Run fast and far away.👉👣 There are plenty of FL Jeeps that haven't been exposed to salt water.
While I don't agree completely with the first part, the second part is spot on!

Being an east coast guy I'd need to look deeper into this one to see if the frame is good or not. We simply can't tell from pictures, one needs to be there with a bore scope, a chipping hammer, a flashlight, a screwdriver, and a very understanding owner lol....

But as TheBoogieman says, you are in a place where there are plenty of very clean ones available, so unless this is an incredibly smoking deal (read $5000ish) it may make more sense to look for a cleaner one.

Not mentioning the frame, you would need new shocks ASAP, looks like maybe 1” of travel on that shock… seeing that I would be suspicious of other hackery.

Being an east coast guy I'd need to look deeper into this one to see if the frame is good or not. We simply can't tell from pictures, one needs to be there with a bore scope, a chipping hammer, a flashlight, a screwdriver, and a very understanding owner lol....

But as TheBoogieman says, you are in a place where there are plenty of very clean ones available, so unless this is an incredibly smoking deal (read $5000ish) it may make more sense to look for a cleaner one.

This one is selling for about 2.5x that. Which seemed like a good deal from what I’ve been able to find.

This one is selling for about 2.5x that. Which seemed like a good deal from what I’ve been able to find.
You’ve done the research on what you want. Try and get the price down with issues mentioned here.
Budget 5K for repairs plus some sweat equity. It will need repairs or replacement parts.
What other vehicle can you take almost anywhere & daily drive for less than 20 grand? And have fun & look cool?
If you and your mechanic are comfortable, get it. Don’t get scared off, listen to advice from here and have fun.

FWIW, rust starts on the inside of the frame in most cases.
rust inside frame (2017_11_20 00_38_12 UTC).jpg