It just happened!

Glad I could help lol. Where did you manage to find them?
Dumb luck. I was talking to a friend about Jeeps. He was telling me about his neighbor that bought a JT, which he just lifted and put tires on. I asked him if he knew what he did with the stock tires and wheels. The wheels were sold, but the tires were still in his garage. When I talked to his neighbor he confirmed the tire size, I made an offer and he took it. He just wanted them out of the garage and I probably could have gotten them cheaper, but wanted to be fair. :)

You know you have too many Jeep parts when they start becoming wall art! ;)

20220428_192513.jpg

Picked up a gently used set of "take of" 5 JT tires for $400. They are the optional upgrade for JL and JT Jeeps, Falken WildPeak AT3, and are 285/70R17. These are "C" rated, have 14/32 tread left (new was 18/32), and had no plugs. The LJ currently has Falken ATSs, but in a smaller 265/75R16.

SIZE
UTQG
Tire Weight​
LT285/70R17
116/113Q C
None​
2,755 lbs​
50 psi​
18/32"​
63 lbs​
7.5-9"​
8.5"​
11.1"​
9.6"​
32.8"​
634​
TH

20220430_193121.jpg

I've been wanting to install additional lighting inside the Jeep. The specific two places I wanted to augment are better overhead lighting up front and increased foot well lighting. However, the search has been frustrating, because I couldn't find an option that looks like it came from the factory. After weeks of searching, I finally found two products that fit very nicely.

This first one is small enough to fit perfectly in the plastic cover above the rear view mirror. You do have to drill three small holes, so you can bolt the light down and feed the wire through. The light comes with small screws, but these won't work. I replaced those with a #8 1/2" machine bolt, lock washer, and nut.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0051BSFY6/?tag=wranglerorg-20
The second one is 1" LED strip that happens to fit perfectly at the top of the rocker. There is a small metal strip that runs across the top of the rocker, so I cleaned it with alcohol and then stuck the LED light strip to it, using the double sided tape that comes with the light.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N4OPLUF/?tag=wranglerorg-20
Both lights were tied into the factory harness, at the stock small foot well light harness. This way, when the door is opened, the lights come on automatically. The top light is awesome, because it has a switch, in case you want it turned off, and it swivels almost 90°. For the top light, I used male/female connectors, so it could be removed easily.

20220430_134147.jpg

20220430_135014.jpg

20220430_165359.jpg

20220430_171836.jpg

20220430_171848.jpg

20220430_182306.jpg

20220430_173356.jpg

20220430_173550.jpg

20220430_173932.jpg

20220430_173953.jpg

20220430_173743.jpg

Last edited:
I've been wanting to install additional lighting inside the Jeep. The specific two places I wanted to augment are better overhead lighting up front and increased foot well lighting. However, the search has been frustrating, because I couldn't find an option that looks like it came from the factory. After weeks of searching, I finally found two products that fit very nicely.

This first one is small enough to fit perfectly in the plastic cover above the rear view mirror. You do have to drill three small holes, so you can bolt the light down and feed the wire through. The light comes with small screws, but these won't work. I replaced those with a #8 1/2" machine bolt, lock washer, and nut.
The second one is 1" LED strip that happens to fit perfectly at the top of the rocker. There is a small metal strip that runs across the top of the rocker, so I cleaned it with alcohol and then stuck the LED light strip to it, using the double sided tape that comes with the light.
Both lights were tied into the factory harness, at the stock small foot well light harness. This way, when the door is opened, the lights come on automatically. The top light is awesome, because it has a switch, in case you want it turned off, and it swivels almost 90°. For the top light, I used male/female connectors, so it could be removed easily.

View attachment 327095
Looks like both links go to the first light.

Reactions: Irun

View attachment 327095

View attachment 327096

View attachment 327097

View attachment 327098

View attachment 327099

View attachment 327101

View attachment 327102

View attachment 327103

View attachment 327104

View attachment 327105

View attachment 327106
If I drove my jeep more often this would be on the top of my list. Great job as always looks really clean.

View attachment 327095

View attachment 327096

View attachment 327097

View attachment 327098

View attachment 327099

View attachment 327101

View attachment 327102

View attachment 327103

View attachment 327104

View attachment 327105

View attachment 327106

This was just bothering me yesterday, especially the lack of lighting in the cargo area. The front light might work nice back there. As always thanks for being so detailed in the post.

Reactions: psrivats and Irun
This was just bothering me yesterday, especially the lack of lighting in the cargo area. The front light might work nice back there. As always thanks for being so detailed in the post.
The back is next on my list. I'm working on something for there, but not happy with what I'm seeing.

Reactions: Midnight LJR
The back is next on my list. I'm working on something for there, but not happy with what I'm seeing.
What if you put those led light strips you used for the foot well under the lip the hardtop sits on.

What if you put those led light strips you used for the foot well under the lip the hardtop sits on.
Mind reader. I've been looking at that. They fit perfectly there. I'm thinking about tying those into the opening of the tailgate.

Reactions: Alex01
Beginning stages for the front hub conversion. These have been cleaned, but will require blasting. Originally, they were powder coated. However, I'll likely just paint them. That way touch ups will be easier. All the parts are in, with the exception of the stub shafts. Those are scheduled to be here in a few days. The conversion requires 5x5.5 wheels, so that is the last decision to make.

20220507_150610.jpg