It just happened!

This should be interesting!

20220507_153317.jpg

20220507_153442.jpg

When are those sliders getting mounted? I am still tripping over mine in the garage but I do have my @Irun Savvy slider install kit ready sponsored by ASTRO and Blair.

Reactions: Irun
When are those sliders getting mounted? I am still tripping over mine in the garage but I do have my @Irun Savvy slider install kit ready sponsored by ASTRO and Blair.
I have a set of body mounted steps I'd really like to get removed, so probably soon. The rockers are one of the areas I worry about, especially on the LJ. I'm just glad we were able to get a set of Savvy sliders. It would be nice if we could do ours simultaneously. A second set of hands is very helpful!

Reactions: Longwhitejeep
I have a set of body mounted steps I'd really like to get removed, so probably soon. The rockers are one of the areas I worry about, especially on the LJ. I'm just glad we were able to get a set of Savvy sliders. It would be nice if we could do ours simultaneously. A second set of hands is very helpful!
We could make something work with a wrenching day! I have a wheeling trip planned in June to Potts Mountain as an install by goal. Pending my scheduler not having other plans and that I remebered to tell her. If you want to join that trip too you're welcome to as well.

Reactions: Irun
We could make something work with a wrenching day! I have a wheeling trip planned in June to Potts Mountain as an install by goal. Pending my scheduler not having other plans and that I remebered to tell her. If you want to join that trip too you're welcome to as well.
Let's chat more. Will send a PM. Also, I have a run scheduled for Rausch, towards the end of June. I'll be up there with my 1st Generation Bronco buddies.

Reactions: taylormade73
Let's chat more. Will send a PM. Also, I have a run scheduled for Rausch, towards the end of June. I'll be up there with my 1st Generation Bronco buddies.
That works. I was suppose to go to AOAA this weekend with some Toyota friends for the 4runner jamboree but I won't be able to.

Want to see what happens when excessive tourqe is applied at the stub shaft? Before, the measurement at the ear was 3.254. After the u joint blew it was 3.378.

20220515_164403.jpg

20220515_164343.jpg

When did this happen?
Yeah, what he said
My apologies, I should have clarified this earlier. This is from some used parts I pick up to begin a more serious build on the LJ. In a disassembly and clean up of them, I'm trying to get smarter on why things happen and how to prevent them from happening. Because I'm not "educated" in that area, there are some things that seem counter to what I've always been told. Blaine helped correct my ignorance here. I'm also now leaning what he means when he says, and I'm paraphrasing, you don't build in fuses, you fix the weak link.

Bottom line, I may be old, but I'm not fixed in my thinking and am willing to learn. However, it does take a little bit of investigation to get smarter. This is an exercise to do just that!

Bottom line, I may be old, but I'm not fixed in my thinking and am willing to learn. However, it does take a little bit of investigation to get smarter. This is an exercise to do just that!

Us old dogs 🐕 are willing to learn or relearn things.
You always go above and beyond.

Well crap, the Jeep gave me a no start yesterday. I did finally manage to get it started, but it tripped a P0340, Camshaft Position sensor code. I checked the voltage on the ECU and battery side and all was good. After looking at the sensor, it's clearly a cheap aftermarket replacement. I also tested the hall effect and it occasionally would not drop to 0 volts when it should have.

After doing a little research, it looks like the Mopar sensor is no longer available. My plan is to call around at a few dealers and see if I can locate one as old stock. In the interim, I've ordered a Standard Motor Products sensor, PC380. They claim to be made in Mexico, where some of the Mopar sensors were made, and have the broadest sensor range. We shall see!

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinf...WR7IdWvBSsWydM0HnPRhaEtYVDvK4Mrcso0cgkAUUHw==