It just happened!

Well crap, the Jeep gave me a no start yesterday. I did finally manage to get it started, but it tripped a P0340, Camshaft Position sensor code. I checked the voltage on the ECU and battery side and all was good. After looking at the sensor, it's clearly a cheap aftermarket replacement. I also tested the hall effect and it occasionally would not drop to 0 volts when it should have.

After doing a little research, it looks like the Mopar sensor is no longer available. My plan is to call around at a few dealers and see if I can locate one as old stock. In the interim, I've ordered a Standard Motor Products sensor, PC380. They claim to be made in Mexico, where some of the Mopar sensors were made, and have the broadest sensor range. We shall see!

[URL]https://www.rockauto.com/en/mo...WR7IdWvBSsWydM0HnPRhaEtYVDvK4Mrcso0cgkAUUHw==[/URL]
It seems to be hit and miss with the Standard and/or the Echlin cam sensors. When the Mopar sensor finally died on me, I tried a Standard. It was fine for a few weeks, then the P0340 code came back and the Jeep went into limp mode. I tried an Echlin (from NAPA) because some inmates here had luck with those. The first one I tried was DOA. Jeep immediately threw a code and went into limp mode. I reinstalled the Standard, and kept clearing the code. Sometimes it would be good for a 250 miles, sometimes only 10 or 15. I tried a 2nd Echlin, and it's been good for over a year. Oh, crap. I probably jinxed myself. :oops:

• Haha
Reactions: Irun and RINC
It seems to be hit and miss with the Standard and/or the Echlin cam sensors. When the Mopar sensor finally died on me, I tried a Standard. It was fine for a few weeks, then the P0340 code came back and the Jeep went into limp mode. I tried an Echlin (from NAPA) because some inmates here had luck with those. The first one I tried was DOA. Jeep immediately threw a code and went into limp mode. I reinstalled the Standard, and kept clearing the code. Sometimes it would be good for a 250 miles, sometimes only 10 or 15. I tried a 2nd Echlin, and it's been good for over a year. Oh, crap. I probably jinxed myself. :oops:
I definitely read that, so I'm trying a SMP and NTK. Both had roughly the same comments. They either worked, or they didn't. :unsure:

The new SMP cam position sensor is in. The old sensor is the one on the right.

20220529_142121.jpg

20220529_143136.jpg

20220529_141608.jpg

20220529_141434.jpg

The Savvy Engine Skid I ordered showed up. All I need now is the LJ Corners and rub rail. Once those come back in stock I can start building it!

Current Savvy parts waiting to go on are:

- Body Lift
- Control Arms
- Rockers
- Tailgate Skin
- Tailgate Valance
- Engine Skid
- Steering Box Skid

Last edited:
Nice list! I'm waiting on that belly skid to come back in stock.

Are you going to wait for the side armor before installing the sliders?

Reactions: Irun

Yes! Sliders have to go 1st, then the armor. I still owe you a call, we need to sync up to get yours installed!

Reactions: Longwhitejeep

If you see it come back message me. I'm trying to check regularly, but don't always get a chance!

Reactions: Longwhitejeep