It just happened!

Out of curiosity I just went out and bounced the rear of my TJ by hand. It took a fair amount of effort to get it to compress approximately 1/4 to 1/2". When I did the same to the LJ, it moved twice that distance with half the effort. Something is definitely not right!
Did the LJ recoil and stop? Or did it kind of oscillate?

Reactions: Irun
Did the LJ recoil and stop? Or did it kind of oscillate?
It bounced up and down, maybe three times, then stopped. The TJ doesn't do that, so it's certainly pointing to shocks. I'll try to pull them later today and verify.

Reactions: TRE3TOP
Can anyone verify if these springs are BDS? I did a search and could not. What I did get was ProComp matches on 55298 and 55297.

Rear Springs
View attachment 305255

Front Springs
View attachment 305256
I have BDS rear springs but I don't recall there being any numbers marked on them like you show. I'll take a closer look this evening and let you know.

My BDS springs do not have any numbers on them. It makes the most sense that you have pro comp springs as they match their part numbers.

Reactions: SvtLdr
I have BDS rear springs but I don't recall there being any numbers marked on them like you show. I'll take a closer look this evening and let you know.
Yup, I checked mine, no markings on the BDS springs.

My BDS springs do not have any numbers on them. It makes the most sense that you have pro comp springs as they match their part numbers.

From back in the early 200''s ProComp springs were sought after as a decent spring. It was the rest of their suspension system that sucked.

The ProComp springs are still being recommended to those looking for a c.2” lift, even though they appear to no longer be available. Your issue sounds like shocks, but if you do change the springs wait for the next recommendation on here and then quickly pop them up for sale at a premium price 😂

Reactions: Wildman
Finally got around to replacing the Rubicon Express shocks. They list these, RXJ704B, as a fit for 2 - 3.5" lift. There's no way they'd work with a 2" lift, unless of course you want 3 1/8" up and 5.6" down travel. Switching to the BM B8518 balances the suspension out much better, at 4.25 up and 4.53 down.

20220201_110538.jpg

20220201_103846.jpg

20220201_105906.jpg

Can anyone verify if these springs are BDS? I did a search and could not. What I did get was ProComp matches on 55298 and 55297.

Rear Springs
View attachment 305255

Front Springs
View attachment 305256

I was like 98% sure I told you Pro Comp, but if I didn't, that's my bad. They are Pro Comp springs, I bought those on Jerry's and other's recommendation.

Shocks were supposed to be for the 2" lift as well, but apparently were no bueno.

I was like 98% sure I told you Pro Comp, but if I didn't, that's my bad. They are Pro Comp springs, I bought those on Jerry's and other's recommendation.

Shocks were supposed to be for the 2" lift as well, but apparently were no bueno.
No worries! After looking at the numbers on the springs, they're definitely Pro Comp. Those will do the trick for my use. The shocks on the other hand had to go. I'm hoping someone local will buy them! (y)

Reactions: TJim
No worries! After looking at the numbers on the springs, they're definitely Pro Comp. Those will do the trick for my use. The shocks on the other hand had to go. I'm hoping someone local will buy them! (y)

So, I went back and looked...I definitely ordered those shocks and not the 0-2 ones 🤦‍♂️ I'll just be over here riding the dumbass unicycle now.

• Haha
So, I went back and looked...I definitely ordered those shocks and not the 0-2 ones 🤦‍♂️ I'll just be over here riding the dumbass unicycle now.
I'd be willing to bet that a majority of us have ridden the same unicycle. I've taken multiple spins on it myself! :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: jwilson2899
Finally got around to replacing the Rubicon Express shocks. They list these, RXJ704B, as a fit for 2 - 3.5" lift. There's no way they'd work with a 2" lift, unless of course you want 3 1/8" up and 5.6" down travel. Switching to the BM B8518 balances the suspension out much better, at 4.25 up and 4.53 down.

Can you run the can up on these skyjacker shocks?

After fighting with the rear for the better part of three hours, I finally got the rear JKS track bar installed. If there's a simpler process for installing a rear adjustable track bar, without a relocation bracket, I'd love to hear what it is. The stupid gas tank blocks removal of the axle side, without having to jack up the rear body. My axle was 3/4" to the driver side and I had to install, remove, adjust, and re-install the track bar three times, before I got it perfect. Not a fun job, but it's done now!