It just happened!

Most people just toss their OEM CAs because they don't think anybody wants to buy them. Maybe if you put up a Wanted To Buy ad, you would get some fairly good ones (free?) while you're waiting on Savvy. Sorry, I just tossed mine last week.

Reactions: Irun
I'm at a point where I'm frustrated with progress here. My normal mode is to just order everything I know I'm going to replace, then chip away at installing it. I'm not doing anything more than venting here, so take it for just that. I've had Savvy parts on order for 6 weeks, with no projected delivery date, which is now causing me pain.

Since I'm not planning to wheel this Jeep, the parts I've ordered are overkill and I know that. I just know what I want and, wherever possible, I try to replace stock parts with something better. However, I'm now in a place where I need to replace two control arms, because the bushings are split bad enough that I have side to side movement. Since I can't get the Savvy arms, I may be forced to order a new set of Moog replacement control arms. The entire set is only $210 delivered. Once I do that, it would be hard for me to justify keeping the existing order with Savvy. :mad:

ProductQuantityPrice
CE-9100SA - SAVVY TJ/LJ JOHNNY JOINT® ALUMINUM CONTROL ARM SET - 8 PIECES Backordered 1 xxxx
SAV-BLTJ - Savvy Aluminum Body Lift 1.25" TJ/LJ 97-06
Backordered:
1 xxxx
SAV-TJSS - Steering Box Protection - Savvy Aluminum TJ/LJ 97-06
Backordered:
1 xxxx
SAV-GTS - Aluminum Savvy Gas Tank Skid 1997-2006 TJ/LJ
Backordered:
1 xxxx
Yep. I've had those Savvy control arms (and 1" MML spacers) ordered since November. So I'm just doing other things. I don't usually have people tell me I have a lot of patience, but I did put up with terrible bump steer for 2 years before I got around to figuring out my front end geometry problem and fixing it.

• Wow
Reactions: Irun and Wildman
Even if you did have any Savvy products you still wouldn't have any stickers...

Unless you're me of course... 😏

Damn right. No stickers or directions on how to install their products. :rolleyes::(
And I've got a few $$$$ of Savvy parts on my TJ.

Yep. I've had those Savvy control arms (and 1" MML spacers) ordered since November. So I'm just doing other things. I don't usually have people tell me I have a lot of patience, but I did put up with terrible bump steer for 2 years before I got around to figuring out my front end geometry problem and fixing it.
Bad news @Irun, sounds like even when Savvy do get some in you are pretty well back down the queue!
I concluded a while back that the obscene shipping Savvy quotes for international delivery is a blessing in disguise, as their parts (and associated customer service) are not an option.

I got my 3” springs that I had ordered in October a few weeks ago, and when the problem with the under armor brackets was found the 3 of us on hear that had a problem had the new parts within days. So my only experience with Savvy’s customer service is excellent. The problem is the same problem everyone that manufactures things is facing we cannot get materials and the materials we can get cost an average of 30% more than they did before. Also small companies don’t get the shipping deals that big companies do. It’s not just Savvy I have been on a wait list for a Kenwood head unit since November.

I have been holding out for a savvy restock on control arms and skids for a while now. Revolution gears are out of stock too. My build plan just got more complicated too. Maybe rokman controls arms as an alternative for you? I am considering them.

Bad news @Irun, sounds like even when Savvy do get some in you are pretty well back down the queue!
I concluded a while back that the obscene shipping Savvy quotes for international delivery is a blessing in disguise, as their parts (and associated customer service) are not an option.
As I said, I'm just venting and not complaining about Savvy. I've installed lots of parts, from a wide range of vendors, and the products Savvy designs and sells for our Jeeps are the Best out there. What I especially like about what they offer is the laser focus on lightweight and strong solutions. I don't say this because I'm a Savvy "Fan Boy". I say it because it's true.

Frankly, my struggle now is putting parts on the Jeep that it really doesn't need. Like @Mike_H said, the stock arms would be more than sufficient. However, installing the Savvy arms will improve the vehicles performance, even in every day driving. On your end I get it. Anyone shipping international will be charging a small fortune! (y)

I got my 3” springs that I had ordered in October a few weeks ago, and when the problem with the under armor brackets was found the 3 of us on hear that had a problem had the new parts within days. So my only experience with Savvy’s customer service is excellent. The problem is the same problem everyone that manufactures things is facing we cannot get materials and the materials we can get cost an average of 30% more than they did before. Also small companies don’t get the shipping deals that big companies do. It’s not just Savvy I have been on a wait list for a Kenwood head unit since November.
Indeed it's not just them. I ordered a Eaton ELocker back in November and they can't even give me a delivery date. All they said was it could June or later before I see something! :(

• Sad
Reactions: Wildman
As I said, I'm just venting and not complaining about Savvy. I've installed lots of parts, from a wide range of vendors, and the products Savvy designs and sells for our Jeeps are the Best out there. What I especially like about what they offer is the laser focus on lightweight and strong solutions. I don't say this because I'm a Savvy "Fan Boy". I say it because it's true.

Frankly, my struggle now is putting parts on the Jeep that it really doesn't need. Like @Mike_H said, the stock arms would be more than sufficient. However, installing the Savvy arms will improve the vehicles performance, even in every day driving. On your end I get it. Anyone shipping international will be charging a small fortune! (y)
So... The thing that makes savvy arm good is the joints. I don't think the aluminum vs steel does anything. What I mean to say... Give a set of Currie (rock jock?) Arms a shot. I bet they come very quickly and you don't notice one iota of difference (until it's time to adjust the lowers)

I have been holding out for a savvy restock on control arms and skids for a while now. Revolution gears are out of stock too. My build plan just got more complicated too. Maybe rokman controls arms as an alternative for you? I am considering them.
My problem is I already have a set of Savvy arms on my TJ. Once you get your hands on a set of those, you'll see just how good they are!

20210421_132338-jpg.jpg

20210421_194116-jpg.jpg

My problem is I already have a set of Savvy arms on my TJ. Once you get your hands on a set of those, you'll see just how good they are!

View attachment 310661

View attachment 310662

So you're spoiled by your TJ and want the same performance for your LJ.
IMO get a pair of used arms and wait for your Savvy parts.
I haven't ever ran Savvy shortarms so I don't have a opinion about them.

Reactions: Irun
So... The thing that makes savvy arm good is the joints. I don't think the aluminum vs steel does anything. What I mean to say... Give a set of Currie (rock jock?) Arms a shot. I bet they come very quickly and you don't notice one iota of difference (until it's time to adjust the lowers)
You already know I'm a fanatic about weight, but you're correct. They both use the same JJs, so the arms themselves are the difference. I'm going to take a look at them and go from there! (y)

So you're spoiled by your TJ and want the same performance for your LJ.
Sadly, you are correct. You know how it is, once you find a path that works, it's hard to take another one!

I've got 2 stock lower CAs you can have if you want, they are not in awesome shape, but they don't have any split bushing iirc
I have a container in the garage with some old stock arms. I'm going to dig through those this weekend and see if I have something usable. At this point, I've only seen two lower arms that need replacing. (y)

Reactions: thekidwithquestions
You already know I'm a fanatic about weight, but you're correct. They both use the same JJs, so the arms themselves are the difference. I'm going to take a look at them and go from there! (y)
I've not weighed my arms, but I believe they are hollow steel tube vs the solid aluminum of the Savvy arms. It would be interesting to learn the difference, if any.

Reactions: Wildman and Irun