It just happened!

Screenshot_20220219-091149_Chrome.jpg

I think rokman uses jj's. The tube is thicker than the curries and they are usually cheaper than currie.

I am with you though, I wanted the double adjustable lowers. With my 3 inch lift the stock ones are working. Adjustable were my first step towards belly skid. I get my lj at the end of 19, plan a build, then everything shuts down. Now it's all out of stock lol

Reactions: Wildman and Irun
Most people just toss their OEM CAs because they don't think anybody wants to buy them. Maybe if you put up a Wanted To Buy ad, you would get some fairly good ones (free?) while you're waiting on Savvy. Sorry, I just tossed mine last week.
@Irun - I would send you a set, but I carry my stock arms as spares, just in case...:)

• Haha
Reactions: Irun and Wildman
As I said, I'm just venting and not complaining about Savvy. I've installed lots of parts, from a wide range of vendors, and the products Savvy designs and sells for our Jeeps are the Best out there. What I especially like about what they offer is the laser focus on lightweight and strong solutions. I don't say this because I'm a Savvy "Fan Boy". I say it because it's true.

Frankly, my struggle now is putting parts on the Jeep that it really doesn't need. Like @Mike_H said, the stock arms would be more than sufficient. However, installing the Savvy arms will improve the vehicles performance, even in every day driving. On your end I get it. Anyone shipping international will be charging a small fortune! (y)
I was certainly not suggesting you are a Savvy "Fan Boy", I am always interested in your choices of product as they seem very well considered. You seem to spend money when it gets you the biggest bang for the buck (Uh oh, now I am sounding like an Irun "Fan Boy" :ROFLMAO: ).

The truth of it is that if I could get them shipped for a reasonable cost I would chose Savvy control arms as and when I change from my stock ones, they look like an excellent option at a very reasonable price point versus the competition.

Reactions: Irun
You already know I'm a fanatic about weight, but you're correct. They both use the same JJs, so the arms themselves are the difference. I'm going to take a look at them and go from there! (y)
On the Savvy website the weight of a set of arms is quoted at 58lbs. I can't see a weight for their control arms on the RockJock website. But Quadratec sell them* in pairs, they provide a shipping weight which totals 70lb when they are added together. Not sure what that shipping weight includes in addition to the arms themselves, but that suggests a maximum 12lb penalty for RockJock over Savvy, which equates to roughly 20%.

* Quadratec do not sell the double adjustable RockJock uppers, so that weight is for the single adjustable ones. No idea how much difference additional adjustment at one end makes to the weight.

I was certainly not suggesting you are a Savvy "Fan Boy", I am always interested in your choices of product as they seem very well considered. You seem to spend money when it gets you the biggest bang for the buck (Uh oh, now I am sounding like an Irun "Fan Boy" :ROFLMAO: ).

The truth of it is that if I could get them shipped for a reasonable cost I would chose Savvy control arms as and when I change from my stock ones, they look like an excellent option at a very reasonable price point versus the competition.
My bad, I wasn't implying you thought I was a FB. You've been asking some good questions, which means you're interested in understanding the "why" behind choices. To that end you're spot on about the Savvy arms. They are an outstanding buy for the money. For example, the RockJock arms are $1500, offer double adjustable uppers only in the set, and are steel arms. The Savvy set is $1300, offers double adjustable upper and lower, and comes with aluminum arms. Core arms, for Tier 4, are $1400+ (with hardware), steel, and are not double adjustable. The list goes on! ;)

Ok... If aluminum is that important to you. Buy the ends from Currie and some aluminum bar stock. I'll let you borrow my 1 1/8 RH and LH taps. You can "roll your own" so to speak!
This is an interesting idea. I just checked on the material and it looks like parts (1.25" and 1.5' round aluminum, plus JJs) would be around $600. My problem is I don't have a good way to drill the ends of the aluminum rods squarely. I'm going to see if I can find a machine shop that could do it for me. It's likely the total cost would be close to Savvy, but I'd have my arms!

On the Savvy website the weight of a set of arms is quoted at 58lbs. I can't see a weight for their control arms on the RockJock website. But Quadratec sell them* in pairs, they provide a shipping weight which totals 70lb when they are added together. Not sure what that shipping weight includes in addition to the arms themselves, but that suggests a maximum 12lb penalty for RockJock over Savvy, which equates to roughly 20%.

* Quadratec do not sell the double adjustable RockJock uppers, so that weight is for the single adjustable ones. No idea how much difference additional adjustment at one end makes to the weight.
I feel pretty foolish. I looked at the Savvy website for the weight of the Savvy arms, but they also sell the RockJock ones and I did not check that. According to Savvy the hollow steel RockJock arms in single adjustable form weigh i at slightly less than the solid aluminium arms, 55lbs versus 58lbs.

This is an interesting idea. I just checked on the material and it looks like parts (1.25" and 1.5' round aluminum, plus JJs) would be around $600. My problem is I don't have a good way to drill the ends of the aluminum rods squarely. I'm going to see if I can find a machine shop that could do it for me. It's likely the total cost would be close to Savvy, but I'd have my arms!
I would be really interested in any sort of write up on this. Getting just the JJs and hardware shipped over to the UK should be much more economical, both in terms of shipping and import taxes. Do you have the list of parts you put together to get the c.$600 number?

As I said, I'm just venting and not complaining about Savvy. I've installed lots of parts, from a wide range of vendors, and the products Savvy designs and sells for our Jeeps are the Best out there. What I especially like about what they offer is the laser focus on lightweight and strong solutions. I don't say this because I'm a Savvy "Fan Boy". I say it because it's true.

Frankly, my struggle now is putting parts on the Jeep that it really doesn't need. Like @Mike_H said, the stock arms would be more than sufficient. However, installing the Savvy arms will improve the vehicles performance, even in every day driving. On your end I get it. Anyone shipping international will be charging a small fortune! (y)
So here's a question: You have Savvy arms on your TJ, right? Do they improve road driving performance? I ordered mine because I want the double adjustable feature, lighter weight and I want a matching set as opposed the mixture of old stock and various lower budget arms I have now. I wasn't really expecting they would be create a super noticeable change in feel on road.

14 joints and they usually run about $60 a piece. That's $840 in just joints. Can you find them cheaper than $60ish a joint?

Probably because 7075 is almost 2x as strong vs 6061 in tensile strength. Did you by chance look at the Mid-arm? I'd bet uppers and lowers are all 7075 there.
Indeed, what I probably should have asked is, why do the lowers need to be so much stronger that the uppersr? Not only 1.5" vs 1.25", but a stronger material.

Last edited:
Indeed, what I probably should have asked is, why do the lowers need to be so much stronger that the uppersr? Not only 1.5" vs 1.25", but a stronger material.
The uppers mainly just help locate the axle. They do need to be strong but they aren't normally coming in contact with the trail, rocks, logs, etc. They need to resist impacts and bending more than the uppers typically.

Probably because 7075 is almost 2x as strong vs 6061 in tensile strength. Did you by chance look at the Mid-arm? I'd bet uppers and lowers are all 7075 there.
Savvy just lists 7075 for the mid arm lowers on the website. It doesn't give a material reference for the uppers on the mid arm so they could all be 7075 maybe.

https://savvyoffroad.com/product/sma-kit/

Reactions: Wildman and UKTJ
I never paid attention to the fact that the mid arm is 2" lowers and 1.5' uppers, versus the short arms 1.5" lower and 1.25" upper.

Reactions: Wildman