James & The Sahara Build Thread

It appears that the mark won't be avoidable. With it no being structural & a problem across all rear MC track bars I won't bother trying to warranty it. Good to know though, I guess? Haha

IMG_5045.PNG

Reactions: Chris and LTTJ
Well just another mini update: I had the old cat & muffler cut out, new cat & muffler welded in + o2 sensors. This solved the exhaust rattle and only seem to have an exhaust leak from my crappily designed exhaust manifold (I'll replace it soon enough). If you are local the shop I had the work done at was Trav's exhaust shop, I will always reccomend these guys time & time again. Friendly guy, cheap, and quality work. I have the Metalcloak rear trackbar ready to install when I get a break from school. I have chosen my new F/R bumper & winch combo so those will be soon to come. I have plans to remove all rust and bedline the interior of the TJ at his professional shop using a gun. I have ordered Eastwood internal frame coating & POR15 supplies to treat the frame before I install the new bumpers. I ordered and received the metacloak rear bumper frame tie in (The only one compatiable with the Gobi Roof Rack's frame tie in, without cutting. Should be selling the ARB front soon if anyone locally is particularly interested (I'll give you a hell of a deal on a fantastic bumper). Here are some photos of the muffler, didn't think I would like a new muffler on the TJ but this one is quite nice.

IMG_5421.JPG
IMG_5422.JPG
IMG_5423.JPG

Well just another mini update: I had the old cat & muffler cut out, new cat & muffler welded in + o2 sensors. This solved the exhaust rattle and only seem to have an exhaust leak from my crappily designed exhaust manifold (I'll replace it soon enough). If you are local the shop I had the work done at was Trav's exhaust shop, I will always reccomend these guys time & time again. Friendly guy, cheap, and quality work. I have the Metalcloak rear trackbar ready to install when I get a break from school. I have chosen my new F/R bumper & winch combo so those will be soon to come. I have plans to remove all rust and bedline the interior of the TJ at his professional shop using a gun. I have ordered Eastwood internal frame coating & POR15 supplies to treat the frame before I install the new bumpers. I ordered and received the metacloak rear bumper frame tie in (The only one compatiable with the Gobi Roof Rack's frame tie in, without cutting. Should be selling the ARB front soon if anyone locally is particularly interested (I'll give you a hell of a deal on a fantastic bumper). Here are some photos of the muffler, didn't think I would like a new muffler on the TJ but this one is quite nice.

View attachment 20587 View attachment 20588 View attachment 20589
Very nice! That should out last you.

Reactions: JamesAndTheSahara
How do you like the sound of that muffler compared to stock?
So I'm a bike guy and having owned several supersports in the past I am pretty picky with exhausts. For an I6, I like it. Its a relatively quiet exhaust compared to most other truck exhaust and is something that pairs nicely driving through the rpm range on the TJ. I have a pretty high quality recording camera (4k60). If I get a chance I'll properly record it because most audio comes out pretty true when uploaded uncompressed while wearing headphones.

To answer your question, I would say 25% louded than stock at idle, 35%/45% louder when traveling through the rpm range. Its a good exhaust for the i6 for sure.

Another BIG Update! I got an awesome score today for an upgrade I didn't think I would have anytime soon. A local Jeep club member ended up trading a Currie Currectlink Steering System (CE-9701) for my ARB Front Bull Bar. So I met him today on campus and we swapped bumpers and installed the new steering system. All I can say is the steering upgrade was more significant than I thought it would be, the Jeep drives like a dream. The new bumper is just a stock TJ one but repainted, it does have a winch plate which is a plus. Gives me a little time to figure out my bumper situation. The most important thing about this upgrade is the fact the Currie System is incredibly stronger & you can feel it handling the two systems. Here are some photos from today, glad I got this knocked out!

IMG_5516.JPG
IMG_5517.JPG
IMG_5518.JPG
IMG_5520.JPG
IMG_5521.JPG
IMG_5522.JPG
IMG_5523.JPG
IMG_5528.JPG
IMG_5529.JPG
IMG_5530.JPG