James & The Sahara Build Thread

These sure do look like your wheels but they have a different bolt pattern.? Or is your jeep not 5 by 4.5? Or are these different ?
010E7593-766E-4430-9B8A-23B0EF26E187.png
9EB6AFF4-8A6A-436D-97FB-9FAF1076C67D.png

lol, I just spent the past 2 days going through this entire thread! Very impressed James and a little jealous :) can't wait until I am recovered enough to get busy with mine. I won't have the same budget but after seeing what you did I have some idea's. First order of business for me is to replace the floor pan on the drivers side and once done I want to do the bed liner in the tub, thanks for the ear plug trick, should come in handy.

Awesome build! Cool to see someone else from Alabama on here! If you ever go riding somewhere close to Birmingham and want someone else to come along, let me know and we can meet up.

Reactions: Chris
Maybe he sold his TJ. He was really invested in it, and then he just fell off the face of the earth.

Anyone heard from James lately? He kinda disappeared after he built that Awesome rig.
I messaged him about a week ago now lol. He was on a tear hahaha and then poof gone. Prolly studying or working. Wasn’t he finishing college up still? When I was going through nursing school I couldn’t do anything but study. Fixing my jeep up def would have been the last thing on my mind. Hope he comes back!

Reactions: Chris
Glad you're still kicking brah!
Doing my best to keep on keeping on!
These sure do look like your wheels but they have a different bolt pattern.? Or is your jeep not 5 by 4.5? Or are these different ?
View attachment 40816View attachment 40817
They are 4.5x5, American racing makes them in many different sizes :).
lol, I just spent the past 2 days going through this entire thread! Very impressed James and a little jealous :) can't wait until I am recovered enough to get busy with mine. I won't have the same budget but after seeing what you did I have some idea's. First order of business for me is to replace the floor pan on the drivers side and once done I want to do the bed liner in the tub, thanks for the ear plug trick, should come in handy.
I really appreciate it man, ear plug trick makes keeping those threads cover very easy. Just don’t let it dry on them!!
Awesome build! Cool to see someone else from Alabama on here! If you ever go riding somewhere close to Birmingham and want someone else to come along, let me know and we can meet up.
I’ll let you know man, Bham has some cool spots!
Anyone heard from James lately? He kinda disappeared after he built that Awesome rig.
Sorry for delay!
I messaged him about a week ago now lol. He was on a tear hahaha and then poof gone. Prolly studying or working. Wasn’t he finishing college up still? When I was going through nursing school I couldn’t do anything but study. Fixing my jeep up def would have been the last thing on my mind. Hope he comes back!
College is going well, after this semester I have about 30 hours left in my Biology degree.
I've missed James almost daily updates.

Going on his last post he had a lot going on, but strange to see he hasn't been online in so long.

Hope everything is ok @JamesAndTheSahara
All is well, I was in 2 separate motorcycle accidents (both on my triumph 675r, sitting out the rest of the season). Unlucky for me I had pretty bad rash on my leg from one of them, but not major injuries!
Maybe he sold his TJ. He was really invested in it, and then he just fell off the face of the earth.
Chris you are not wrong to assume this. In 3 months I had put 7k miles on my TJ (meaning I had put on 30k in under 2 years on her) and she was not liking driving to Orlando and Gatlinburg all the time. I got an offer I couldn’t refuse so I did end up selling it. My daily is an 08 Silverado 4x4 with a reman gm engine and rode a 675r for a while. Sadly after some rough road conditions the 675r is no more. I do miss the TJ, but I quickly found out it wasn’t working for the overland style vehicle I wanted. In the spring I plan on picking up a 2 door xj and building that up (I want to be able to sleep in the back of my vehicle). If I could have afforded insurance on two vehicles, I would have kept the TJ, but without a garage I have to keep full coverage on it. Sorry for the terrible delay in checking here, I’ve been super busy.

I will say, some equipment I had on the TJ was excellent, and some of it I definitely should have skipped on. As you guys know, some of it didn’t meet my expectations but was a permanent install. The Jeep was purchased by an older fellow in LaGrange Ga, so you may see it around there.

Edit: It would be rude to not include some photos of the past months:
5454B2F8-87C0-43A5-84D1-15B511BE24AB.jpeg
FFFC1AEE-4653-4E8A-B874-CEA7D8BD923C.jpeg

Below are photos of misc. labs and research I’ve been helping out with:

DE56AF5B-935C-4C1D-9267-6CC58A5EC69E.jpeg
40F4BD99-8D39-463E-8EB0-BC2F77732BDC.jpeg
E8F892AA-56D9-4716-AE9A-B6F0C5F00A95.jpeg

Last edited:
Doing my best to keep on keeping on!

They are 4.5x5, American racing makes them in many different sizes :).

I really appreciate it man, ear plug trick makes keeping those threads cover very easy. Just don’t let it dry on them!!

I’ll let you know man, Bham has some cool spots!

Sorry for delay!

College is going well, after this semester I have about 30 hours left in my Biology degree.

All is well, I was in 2 separate motorcycle accidents (both on my triumph 675r, sitting out the rest of the season). Unlucky for me I had pretty bad rash on my leg from one of them, but not major injuries!

Chris you are not wrong to assume this. In 3 months I had put 7k miles on my TJ (meaning I had put on 30k in under 2 years on her) and she was not liking driving to Orlando and Gatlinburg all the time. I got an offer I couldn’t refuse so I did end up selling it. My daily is an 08 Silverado 4x4 with a reman gm engine and rode a 675r for a while. Sadly after some rough road conditions the 675r is no more. I do miss the TJ, but I quickly found out it wasn’t working for the overland style vehicle I wanted. In the spring I plan on picking up a 2 door xj and building that up (I want to be able to sleep in the back of my vehicle). If I could have afforded insurance on two vehicles, I would have kept the TJ, but without a garage I have to keep full coverage on it. Sorry for the terrible delay in checking here, I’ve been super busy.

I will say, some equipment I had on the TJ was excellent, and some of it I definitely should have skipped on. As you guys know, some of it didn’t meet my expectations but was a permanent install. The Jeep was purchased by an older fellow in LaGrange Ga, so you may see it around there.

Edit: It would be rude to not include some photos of the past months:
View attachment 65136View attachment 65137

Below are photos of misc. labs and research I’ve been helping out with:

View attachment 65138View attachment 65139View attachment 65140

If you want some good amusement block off a week and read through @Chris latest build thread. Glad to see you’re mostly well. Another TJ ever in the far future?

Last edited:
Reactions: Starrs and Chris