James & The Sahara Build Thread

Figured I’d update. A little while ago I managed to figure out what vehicle suited my needs and managed to find one that was single owner with all service records and in great shape fully decked out. My rig is now a 1993 Toyota Land Cruiser that is triple factory locked and in great shape. I recently lifted the LC and got some 35s on. The toyota aftermarket world is significantly different than Jeeps (Really expensive). If you are in the area, DM me and I’d love to meet up for a trail ride. Eventually I’ll own another TJ, but for now its time to work my way around the states in the 80 series.

PS, this forum still blows all the other forums out of the water.

5DEF5137-B504-49B3-8302-E8EA8E11C5B6.jpeg

Very cool! I almost bought a Land Cruiser like that years back. I really like those things, but you're right, they are considerably more expensive!

Although with over 30k in parts into my TJ, I guess "expensive" isn't even relevant anymore.

I never realized the back windows were sliders until seeing your rig. I really like the LCs. Always have. Question: what's the gas mileage like compared to the TJ? Also, is that still running the straight six in that year?

I never realized the back windows were sliders until seeing your rig. I really like the LCs. Always have. Question: what's the gas mileage like compared to the TJ? Also, is that still running the straight six in that year?
Yeah 4.5l straight six, gas mileage is about the same. Love the rear sliding window. I’ll say road manners are much better and I run a smaller lift and larger tires.
It’s got a Savvy mid-arm, outboard shocks, and just about everything Savvy makes at this point ;)

I’m a sucker for the Savvy stuff.
Gotta love the savvy stuff. I loved everything from them except the 3” lift/fox combo & tailgate valance.
You have enough street cred to own a Prius at this point brah, so keep us on the post.
Agreed.

Reactions: Squatch
Yeah 4.5l straight six, gas mileage is about the same. Love the rear sliding window. I’ll say road manners are much better and I run a smaller lift and larger tires.

Gotta love the savvy stuff. I loved everything from them except the 3” lift/fox combo & tailgate valance.

Agreed.

I’ve got 12” travel rear Fox body reservoir shocks and 11” travel fronts. I had Paul Coplin tune them specific to my TJ. Let me tell you, this thing rides like a damn Cadillac! Well at least as close as you can get to one in a Jeep. I’m so impressed!

They do make awesome stuff though, that’s for sure. I have the front bumper and it weighs maybe 7 lbs!

Reactions: JamesAndTheSahara
Figured I’d update. A little while ago I managed to figure out what vehicle suited my needs and managed to find one that was single owner with all service records and in great shape fully decked out. My rig is now a 1993 Toyota Land Cruiser that is triple factory locked and in great shape. I recently lifted the LC and got some 35s on. The toyota aftermarket world is significantly different than Jeeps (Really expensive). If you are in the area, DM me and I’d love to meet up for a trail ride. Eventually I’ll own another TJ, but for now its time to work my way around the states in the 80 series.

PS, this forum still blows all the other forums out of the water.

View attachment 72074

I love the 80 series. Well done.