Jeep pulls to the right, help!

You mentioned you upgraded the steering. I'd double check the front end alignment.

Shaking in steering wheel usually means the tires need balancing,

Pulling to the right or left usually means you need an alignment done.
x2 Id be checking that alignment then work your way through things like tire pressure, brake calliper sticking, wheel bearings or even suspension wear.

Last edited:
Yeah let us know what they say Monday. I'm really curious. Some pulling is common. My dads had 3 JKs and 2 rental JKs and they all pull slightly but not much. I've driven several TJs and they all pull a little too. Ive just been told it's often the steering stabilizer or the tolerance for setting up the axels. My jeep with adjustable arms doesn't pull at all now.

Yeah let us know what they say Monday. I'm really curious. Some pulling is common. My dads had 3 JKs and 2 rental JKs and they all pull slightly but not much. I've driven several TJs and they all pull a little too. Ive just been told it's often the steering stabilizer or the tolerance for setting up the axels. My jeep with adjustable arms doesn't pull at all now.

A little right pull is common and may be just from road crown, but at 55 I can take my hands off the wheel and be totally off the road in 4 or 5 seconds, maybe quicker.

A little right pull is common and may be just from road crown, but at 55 I can take my hands off the wheel and be totally off the road in 4 or 5 seconds, maybe quicker.
If you don't feel any resiantance maybe there isn't a problem? Every vehicle I've driven is a Jeep brand (patriot and many wranglers) except my moms audi that thing doesn't pull at all. All the jeep ones will be off the road in under 10 seconds so maybe yours is fine honestly. I haven't driven a lot of cars but every Jeep vehicle doesn't stay on the road. The fact that steering wheel doesn't fight you leads ME to belive maybe there's nothing wrong. Upload a picture of your aligmemt specs when you can.

I also don't feel any resistance while driving, in fact it all feels normal until I let go.
What about this from the FSM?

VEHICLE LEADS OR DRIFTS
FROM STRAIGHT AHEAD
DIRECTION ON UNCROWNED
ROAD.
1. Tire pressure.
2. Radial tire lead.
3. Brakes dragging.
4. Wheel alignment.
5. Weak or broken spring.
6. Loose or worn steering/
suspension components.
7. Cross caster out of spec.

Reactions: Schwifty Rich

VEHICLE LEADS OR DRIFTS
FROM STRAIGHT AHEAD
DIRECTION ON UNCROWNED
ROAD.
1. Tire pressure.
2. Radial tire lead.
3. Brakes dragging.
4. Wheel alignment.
suspension components.

- Tire pressure is good. Tried from 26 to 32. Currently set at 26.

- Tires were new when I got her, they are cheap tires. I've tried swapping them around.

- Brakes and rotors are new. Pulled before I replaced them.

- Alignment done multiple time. Last by me yesterday. Total toe-in set at just under 1/8".

- Springs are brand new

- Upgraded to ZJ steering yesterday

-Could be a caster problem.

I'm going to try getting it on an alignment rack tomorrow to get all the numbers.

Last edited:
Reactions: StG58, JMT and Tj04
If you don't feel any resiantance maybe there isn't a problem? Every vehicle I've driven is a Jeep brand (patriot and many wranglers) except my moms audi that thing doesn't pull at all. All the jeep ones will be off the road in under 10 seconds so maybe yours is fine honestly. I haven't driven a lot of cars but every Jeep vehicle doesn't stay on the road. The fact that steering wheel doesn't fight you leads ME to belive maybe there's nothing wrong. Upload a picture of your aligmemt specs when you can.

I'm hoping, but I have nothing else to do so I just want to exhaust any potential problems.

VEHICLE LEADS OR DRIFTS
FROM STRAIGHT AHEAD
DIRECTION ON UNCROWNED
ROAD.
1. Tire pressure.
2. Radial tire lead.
3. Brakes dragging.
4. Wheel alignment.
suspension components.

Axle side coil buckets rusted out or damaged?

Reactions: JMT
The results from the alignment check. What does everyone think?

Alignment.jpg