Jeep Wrangler TJ LED Headlight Upgrade Options

If I were going to get any of those I'd get the ones in the second link. The ones in the first link are just LED replacement bulbs, and in a halogen headlight housing (that they weren't designed for) will not look that great IMHO.

Besides that, they are $100, and for something like $120 (give or take) you can get a brand new set of LED headlights and then sell your Hellas for a little bit of money to recoup some of the cost.

The Truck Lites IMHO are the best LED headlights out there. They are however a bit spendy at $322. However, these are an exact knock-off of them, and I suspect they work just as good for half the price: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01G4Y19WI/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Do you think the trucklite knock offs would have any flickering issues? The luntsun set comes with anti flicker harness. (thanks for your help)

Do you think the trucklite knock offs would have any flickering issues? The luntsun set comes with anti flicker harness. (thanks for your help)
No flickering issues at all. Those anti-flicker harnesses are only for the JKs (which will have flicker issues without them). The TJs do not need the anti-flicker harnesses because they don't use a CANBUS system like the JK does.

I was reading a thread this thread outlining the pros and cons of the various aftermarket light manufacturers and mention was made about a chinese knockoff manufacturer called eyourlife marketed through Amazon.

I decided to try them, the worst thing that could happen was that I did not like them and I would return them.

Well I just wanted to come back to say thank you for the help and to let people know how my experience went.

Due to the price of these lights ($59.00) each I was not expecting much but they aren't that bad, just one problem - they were wired backwards so that with the switch on low beam they were on high and vice/versa. This was corrected by switching the wires going into the light connector.

Thank you again for your reply and Thank you for the help I got from the forum.

As posted these lights do not flicker, as for performance on road they work very well. I had to do some adjusting so as not to blind oncoming traffic but low beam has very good depth and a very wide pattern. Extremely bright white light! I was not impressed with the high beam pattern, not much additional illumination or distance but I'm going to keep them because this is my wife's daily driver and she doesn't wheel it a lot after dark. The improvement over the original sealed beams is fantastic for the dollar spent. Off road I would not recommend them, again-nice pattern on low beam but they don't reach far enough for good off road illumination. Of course I'm spoiled by the lighting on my '99, a 52" bar above the windshield, a 42" bar on the cowl below the windshield, a 32" bar on the front of the hood and 2 spots on the bull bar. That is good off-road lighting!

One thing about these lights, they came no instructions or specifications. They are simple plug and play but the two I ordered were wired incorrectly which required switching wire location in the plug-not a big deal but I still have no idea what the wattage of these lights is nor any other technical information. For on-road I give them a 7 out of 10. For off-road probably a 4.

Reactions: Reign Mack
Wow, really?

My Truck Lites I would give a 10 out of 10 for both on road and off-road. They are that unbelievably bright. The light is nice and focused as well, not thrown all over the place like some of those crappy headlights you see.

@Chris , the Lantsun 7" led light you listed. I see it has running lights on top an bottom of the lamp itself. I have an 06 X without running lights. Will these running lights work when your running your parking lights or do you have to have a running light set up to start with. I'm debating to just get the Truck Lights over these. I just prefer the price of the Lantsun better. (Who wouldn't). Either way I'm going to get one of the two, was just wanting to know more about the running light built into the Lantsun, if it would work without factory running lights installed.

@Chris , the Lantsun 7" led light you listed. I see it has running lights on top an bottom of the lamp itself. I have an 06 X without running lights. Will these running lights work when your running your parking lights or do you have to have a running light set up to start with. I'm debating to just get the Truck Lights over these. I just prefer the price of the Lantsun better. (Who wouldn't). Either way I'm going to get one of the two, was just wanting to know more about the running light built into the Lantsun, if it would work without factory running lights installed.

The running lights will work when the parking lights are on as long as you tap the running light wire coming from the headlamp into an existing running light wire (i.e. the running light wire that goes to the front turn signal or side marker light).

I have the Truck Lites and my buddy has these Lantsun headlights. I can tell you from first hand experience that they are almost equal in terms of brightness. The Truck Lites have a slightly better cutoff light pattern and are a little brighter, but not by much.

I think one of the reasons I bought the Truck Lites was simply because they're made in the USA, used by the US military (on various vehicles during deployment) and they have a stellar reputation.

Still, it's hard to beat $120 or so for those Lantsun headlights.

Reactions: Len
@Chris , thanks again for your help. You just sold a pair of Truck Lights.

You'll love them. They're a bit speedy but well worth it. The first time you get out on a road without street lights, you'll thank me!

Reactions: Len
truck lights are awesome I got the the ones with running lights on them
15068536_10153917117207073_7822754731311968685_o.jpg

Reactions: Chris
Hey guys, don't be misled. These light do NOT have running lights (although they could be rewired to serve that purpose). They are wired for high beam and low beam.

Craig
i'm not misleading anybody, there are 3 versions of the truck light 7's (27270C, 27275C, 27290C) one version comes with Day running lights also.

go to the 1:59 time stamp he shows all 3 states the truck lights can be in.

Last edited:
Hey guys, don't be misled. These light do NOT have running lights (although they could be rewired to serve that purpose). They are wired for high beam and low beam.

Craig

There are several versions:
These are the standard and most popular version without running lights (27270C):
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00B5WJHSI/?tag=wranglerorg-20

These ones have the heating elements (27275C):
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ZBB1MGE/?tag=wranglerorg-20

And these ones have the running lights to meet ECE standard for the European market (27290C):
http://www.drivetrainamerica.com/tr...nd-led-headlight-jeep-ece-approved-9-36v-rht/

The reason you never see the 27290C model in the US is because they're meant for a European market where their headlights are aimed a different direction than ours. You wouldn't want these headlights on a car that's drive on US roads, trust me.

There would be 2 version of all 3 models, because our lights point in a different direction from yours.

From what I can tell the only ECE 7" Truck Lite is the 27290C model.

Since it's ECE approved, it obviously has headlights that point the correct direction.

I'm not sure if there are any other European models, but I can't find them.

From what I can tell the only ECE 7" Truck Lite is the 27290C model.

Since it's ECE approved, it obviously has headlights that point the correct direction.

I'm not sure if there are any other European models, but I can't find them.
most europeans drive on the same side of the road as you guys, the uk australia japan drive on the left. so maybe only the 27290's where made for left and right hand driving, but its not as simple as them being ECE approved as not all nations in the eu are right hand drive.

truck-lite website has the 27290C (rhd) and the 27291C (lhd) both are ece approved.

Reactions: MallCrawlOnTons
most europeans drive on the same side of the road as you guys, the uk australia japan drive on the left. so maybe only the 27290's where made for left and right hand driving, but its not as simple as them being ECE approved as not all nations in the eu are right hand drive.

truck-lite website has the 27290C (rhd) and the 27291C (lhd) both are ece approved.

Weird! Well, I'll just stick with the ones I've got. They work great!