Jezza's Turbo LJ

Lookin good!What is your quench and comp ratio going to come in at?

LS valves?

The pistons are just under 0.012" out of the hole, so I got a 0.060" gasket. Should get me about 0.048" quench and about 9.5:1 cr.

Yes, it's a Russ Pottenger ported Edelbrock.

The pistons are just under 0.012" out of the hole, so I got a 0.060" gasket. Should get me about 0.048" quench and about 9.5:1 cr.

Yes, it's a Russ Pottenger ported Edelbrock.

I bought an assembled eddy.really should have bought a bare head and sent it to russ.still might

Reactions: Jezza
Engine is coming along, still waiting on a head gasket. In the meantime, I was working on a fuel pump assembly for the 05-06. I had one before, but it was for the earlier 02 MY. This one fits the later 05-06 tank. Similar to the other one with an adjustable regulator, low impact return, Holley Hydramat and best of all a 450 lph Walbro fuel pump. Extra thanks again to @mrblaine for sending me a used module to model this one off of.

20230424_144308.jpg

20230424_144442.jpg

20230424_144620.jpg

Engine is assembled. I have a couple of trips planned in the next few weeks, so I'm not entirely sure when I will swap it. I put 4 quarts of oil in it and primed it up. It made 70 psi on the drill right away.

20230427_184633.jpg

I made a 1.5" body lift for it this week and installed it today with a 1" motor lift as well. Then I spent the rest of the day cleaning off the top of the frame and the drivetrain that is newly exposed. Besides the obvious clearance I think one of the biggest benefits to a body lift is access to clean the frame and other parts normally hidden.

View attachment 363622

View attachment 363623

What wheels are these?

AEM Infinity is in and running. It runs so much better than the PCM on HP. Much smoother and better power under part throttle boost. Looking over the logs however I need to get my high volume fuel pump put in soon. The fuel pressure is dropping down into the low 30s psi under boost. I thought the 05-06 pumps were better than the earlier ones, but it is giving out at relatively the same power.

Fuel Pump Pressure Drop.JPG

I guess I had forgotten to change the spark plugs on the stock LJ engine before I boosted it. After pulling the engine I was stripping some parts from it and I pulled a plug. They are the stock number plugs and have been in there for a while. Gap is just under 100 thou. I guess that goes to show the stock coil rail produces more than enough power for most engines. With stock projected tip plugs, 100 thou gap and 12 pounds of boost I had no signs of spark blowout or misfires.

20230525_105138.jpg

The engine is running good still. I did the first oil change and was a little concerned as the filter had some trash in it. My machinist said it looked like break in material and some shavings from decking the head. I am going to run it for another 200 miles or so then cut the filter again, and see what's up. It's been getting warm here in Texas and my temps were getting up around 225 on the toll way. I couldn't hear the fan sucking like it used to when hot, so I replaced it with the Explorer 10 blade fan and a new clutch. It makes the whoosh noises again. I also put a hood vent kit on. Not to help the temps when driving, but to dump some heat after I shut it off.

20230608_183000.jpg

20230608_182916.jpg

How is the stroker doing? Any dyno runs!?!

Good so far. I need to change the oil again and do a Blackstone. It's just been unreasonably hot here. Before it goes on the dyno I need to change out the fuel pump, but that's a whole project as I want to move the tank back 2 inches to give the Dana 60 a bit more breathing room. Which involves cutting the tank crossmember out and moving it back. It's out of pump right now and the fuel pressure is dropping 10psi or more in boost.