jkowitz Build Thread

It shouldn’t die, it’s a celebrity thread

You're funny :ROFLMAO:

Needs to be a build thread made.

At what point (page) did it become a build thread? I'm trying to find it so I can turn it into a build thread. I totally missed that the guy became a member and then turned it into a build thread. No wonder I'm confused :ROFLMAO:

You're funny :ROFLMAO:

At what point (page) did it become a build thread? I'm trying to find it so I can turn it into a build thread. I totally missed that the guy became a member and then turned it into a build thread. No wonder I'm confused :ROFLMAO:
Ha! Yeah @Apparition posts the video links then he responds.

I don't doubt that many people run 35's on a daily. Personally though if mine was a daily I'd run a 3 inch lift and 33x10.5's. I found that to be the best compromise of on/off road performance.

When I made the swap from 33x10.5 to 35x12.5 I instantly noticed on the highway the jeep wandered a lot more. That said I'll take the jeep on 3hr trips but, 95% of the time those trips end at trailheads.

So, I daily my TJ, 4in lift, on 35’s and I enjoy it. I had a stock TJ right before this and the handling on the highway is nearly identical. Except for when there is wind, then the natural sailboat tendencies of jeeps is slightly more noticeable. And potholes at 70 give an ever so slight amount of movement which immediately goes away, I can go hands free on a straight away. Handling on city/suburban streets is easy, and even with a manual, I find it enjoyable.
Maybe I’m an outlier but I definitely all around love DD/wheeling my tj

No wait, I was wrong. It was @Alex01 that started this thread that somehow turned into a build thread, which has been confusing the shit out of me as to why it's still alive. Now I know, and now it's been moved and had a title change.

I've been sitting here this entire time wondering how this thread can still be going. Now it makes sense :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: DrDmoney and Alex01
@Jerry Bransford will dispute that statement.
Pretty much yeah where Bestop's Sailcloth tops are concerned. But for sure the interior can be hellishly loud with a cheaper top with thinner fabric. Especially when a window is open.

A soft top will be quieter with a simple trick... zip all the windows shut and turn the blower on to inflate it which can really hell. Just don't use the a/c recirculation mode which which won't do that.😊

That can be arranged ;)

Yeah, how do you think that will go?

How about I just give Blaine his own sub-forum. Then he can post but people can't respond, ask why, or question anything.
Pretty much how it is now with as many folks that have me on ignore. Or maybe I have them, it's so hard to keep track.

Pretty much yeah where Bestop's Sailcloth tops are concerned. But for sure the interior can be hellishly loud with a cheaper top with thinner fabric. Especially when a window is open.

A soft top will be quieter with a simple trick... zip all the windows shut and turn the blower on to inflate it which can really hell. Just don't use the a/c recirculation mode which which won't do that.😊
I've got a frameless Bestop version here on a new install that is drum tight. We and the owner agree that the best thing this top is good for is starting a bonfire and that's being kind.

It is the single most annoying top I've ever seen. We have the aluminum bows in correctly, it is tight as anyone can possible get it. He has microfiber towels folded and stuffed between the tops of the bars and sound pods and the flapping, very rapid snapping flap starts about 35mph and just gets worse as you go faster. That is with the AC on full blast non recirculate trying to inflate the top. If it were my rig, top would come off and go right into the trash.

I even built custom spreader attachments for the door surrounds to hold them out to line up perfectly with the door plane. No difference.

It is the single most annoying top I've ever seen. We have the aluminum bows in correctly, it is tight as anyone can possible get it. He has microfiber towels folded and stuffed between the tops of the bars and sound pods and the flapping, very rapid snapping flap starts about 35mph and just gets worse as you go faster. That is with the AC on full blast non recirculate trying to inflate the top. If it were my rig, top would come off and go right into the trash.

I even built custom spreader attachments for the door surrounds to hold them out to line up perfectly with the door plane. No difference.
I’m curious to hear what the real arguments are for it over a good framed top like the supertop. Maybe just price or looks?