JW Speaker headlights stuck on high beam

Lucas Baxter

Hey guys. I've just installed the JW Speaker 8700 Evolution J2 headlights in my TJ. After reading the great sticky post by Chris I ordered the headlights. They didn't fit the connectors as the headlights were for a JK so I ordered this little connector to switch it from the TJ to JK wiring. https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07TTGF934/?tag=tjforum-20

So! After installing them and the lights working. They are stuck on high beam and everyone that I passed on my little test drive was rather mad at me.

I've checked that the ground, low beam and high beam wires that are from the harness are correctly making it to the headlights already too.

Any advise?

Hey guys. I've just installed the JW Speaker 8700 Evolution J2 headlights in my TJ. After reading the great sticky post by Chris I ordered the headlights. They didn't fit the connectors as the headlights were for a JK so I ordered this little connector to switch it from the TJ to JK wiring. https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07TTGF934/?tag=tjforum-20

So! After installing them and the lights working. They are stuck on high beam and everyone that I passed on my little test drive was rather mad at me.

I've checked that the ground, low beam and high beam wires that are from the harness are correctly making it to the headlights already too.

Any advise?
You bought headlights for a JK, put them in a TJ and are having issues, correct? Get the TJ lights and I would predict that you would have fewer issues.

Dumb question. Did you check the headlights to see if the beam changes when you turn on and off the high beams. Also did you aim them?

Other dumb question, you sure they're not installed upside down? *edit* Yeah, dumb question, I think that's impossible if you line the tabs up, but I suppose that might be the problem as well.

I have knockoffs, but if it's the same the smaller of the two main lights should be at the top.

And yeah, you probably will need to adjust the aim.

Last edited:
It might be as simple as switching around the wires in the headlight plugs. As long as you can get a refund for the first set though, you're good to go.👍

Do you have any other wire harnesses in there? I have the jk lights in my tj with the adapters they worked fine. Did you use a volt meter to test the wires from the Jeep?

I oddly was just looking at the J2 lights since they have some good sales on them right now (not on the Tj ones) but after reading up on why they are JK only and this thread I think I'll wait for a proper Tj set.