Colorado Krew Hangout

Last edited:
Reactions: nathanotis
3" on 35s?

You could do it, you'll just have to be cognizant of your line choice. Chinaman can be as difficult as you want it to be.
Sorry about the confusion. I did mean independence. I'll get there someday, but not this trip.

33s, 3", Lockers.

I might be able to pull off a body lift and potentially a winch by April. I'm sure BFH garage has a Chinaman's video. I'll check it out and make sure I'm not out of my depth. It's been quite a while since I've done serious wheeling.

You guys camp or is it a day trip?

Sorry about the confusion. I did mean independence. I'll get there someday, but not this trip.

33s, 3", Lockers.

I might be able to pull off a body lift and potentially a winch by April. I'm sure BFH garage has a Chinaman's video. I'll check it out and make sure I'm not out of my depth. It's been quite a while since I've done serious wheeling.

It is a free for all. Some camp, some do it in a day.

The beginning of the trail can be difficult. Lots of boulders and ledges to navigate thru, but afterwards there are plenty of bypasses. The trail changes every year. Lockers are very helpful. As well as armor.

Reactions: rasband

33s, 3", Lockers.

I did it on a 2.5" lift on 33s, are you tucked? Lockers help in a few spots, but we've run it with guys open.

I might try to camp a night or two, but haven't checked with my wife yet.

Great. I was looking at gmrs but wanted to make sure I wasn't the only one. How rowdy does this trip/crew get? I have a 5 year old that wants to come.

Great. I was looking at gmrs but wanted to make sure I wasn't the only one. How rowdy does this trip/crew get? I have a 5 year old that wants to come.
My kids haven't been on April Phoolz yet, but I have a 6 year old (5 at the time) that has joined a few times now.

Reactions: Retarius
I'm not sure that this will be the trip she joins but she's been asking about the Jeep. We have a family cabin 10min from wheeler lake so that may be a better first trail for her.

Reactions: Rescue6