Colorado Krew Hangout

I just placed an order for a gmrs unit today. Need to find an antenna now, I'd like to use my terraflex mount and not a magnetic base

Reactions: Rescue6
y'all gonna file for permits (is that real)? i was gonna grab a small hand held unit just for the trip, but since i don't plan to use it besides that, i wasn't really gonna bother.

y'all gonna file for permits (is that real)? i was gonna grab a small hand held unit just for the trip, but since i don't plan to use it besides that, i wasn't really gonna bother.
I did, but I don't think everyone does. Supposedly the price was going to drop to $35, but that's been the FCC's plan for several years.

I did buy mine. I tend to have a black cloud of bad luck following me when it comes to anything government related so I'm not taking any chances. At 7$ a year it's probably the cheapest Jeep-related thing I've ever bought

• Haha
Reactions: Rescue6 and rasband
Yeah I have my HAM license and still purchased the GMRS license as well. I hear you with the black cloud. I feel the same way

Reactions: lBasket
Just got our tickets to the Telluride Blues and Brews festival!

We went to it last year and had a blast. I don't know any of the performers this year but the atmosphere is a lot of fun. 3 days of music and 4 days of camping. Last years event had Nathanial Ratliff and the nighsweats, Lukas Nelson (grandson to Willy!), and even jewel made an appearance.

saw a savvy GTS in CO when doing a larger search radius than intended. Figured I'd drop it here.
1646455999377.png

https://www.facebook.com/marketplac...wse_serp:4f45e39e-7c0b-41a3-bf47-8232d5beabd9

Reactions: tworley and rasband
Buy it!! I don't care about the tank that much, I cracked some welds on my skid and this is cheaper than the AL spool gun to fix mine.
Ah okay. I'm going to try, I might be busy tomorrow and snow Sunday but I'm definitely gonna try

edit - thanks for tagging me

Reactions: rasband
For guys looking for an option for an antenna mount, I ended up with 2 of the motobuilt tailight mounts and 1 of the spare tire delete mounts. They're all steel so you could modify them probably fairly easily to work where you need them. I'm not gonna use them so free to anyone that wants to come get them.

Hey CO Krew, is there anyone that might be able to help me weld a few small things on my Jeep before I look for a shop nearby to do it? Mostly need the Currie rear track bar relocation bracket welded, but if there's time I also have little front control arm bracket skids and a quick fix to my soft top uppers that need to be welded.

I can trade you in good beer, cash, or whatever else you might want!

Hey CO Krew, is there anyone that might be able to help me weld a few small things on my Jeep before I look for a shop nearby to do it? Mostly need the Currie rear track bar relocation bracket welded, but if there's time I also have little front control arm bracket skids and a quick fix to my soft top uppers that need to be welded.

I can help you out but I’m in the southern part of Colorado Springs. So if you don’t mind driving let me know.

I can help you out but I’m in the southern part of Colorado Springs. So if you don’t mind driving let me know.
Thank you! I know beggars can't be choosers but... we'll see if anyone closer can help, I think that's almost 2 hours away 😬

I'm in Highlands Ranch and could help. My welds aren't the prettiest, but nothing's failed (yet) 🤣 .

• USA Proud
Reactions: tworley and lBasket