LED headlights lumens too high for on-road use?

Oh I understand. Unless you daily north of the 40th it is hard to justify the cost.
Am I missing that those particular lights have a heater so ice would not build up on them as happens with unheated LED headlights? I see no mention of them having a heater element for driving north of the 40th parallel.

Yes but it's still too frigging expensive for Wrangler headlights IMO.
You've got at least 20 things on your rig that a lot of folks would consider too expensive, as do I for some of them.
You priced out a 5.5" hub kit lately? This is without inner shafts so add another 450-500 for quality versions.
1639261814791.png

How about a Walker beadlock nowadays?

1639261941077.png

You would spend about 5 grand on those two items that you would need now and you still don't have tires. Fancy headlights are a mere pittance comparatively. Tires would put you over 7000 dollars. Tires, rims, hub kit, 7 thousand dollars. Now that's expensive.

Am I missing that those particular lights have a heater so ice would not build up on them as happens with unheated LED headlights? I see no mention of them having a heater element for driving north of the 40th parallel.
Not sure if they do or don't but that big heat sink on the back of them isn't there because they are a cool running light.

Reactions: Blackjack
For presumably real optics, and nicer looking than the Phillips, I don't think it's expensive at all, especially since it's plug and play.
They aren't anymore expensive then a lot of other quality LEDs for sure. Give them a test and post some results. I like the OEM look with the LED function.

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/S...roBright-LED-Headlights-5.75-Round?quantity=1
It looks like they were engineered by mirimoto in the USA according to retrofit source which is very encouraging from a design and performance perspective IMO.

Mirimoto makes some of the best aftermarket LED lights IMO. I have considered them for my daily driver tundra and they are the only manufacturer I know of that still includes a height adjustment/ load leveling function on the aftermarket headlight. The set for a tundra is $1000 for some perspective which is why I don't have any yet.

I have been running the non heated Trucklites since the current version came out. I have only ran into a couple of times where I wish they were heated and one of those the entire Jeep iced over so headlights did not matter at that point.

I have been running the non heated Trucklites since the current version came out. I have only ran into a couple of times where I wish they were heated and one of those the entire Jeep iced over so headlights did not matter at that point.
Black lives in Alaska and runs the non-heated Trucklights. I live in the south and run the heated Trucklights…

The world is just out of balance.

• Haha
Reactions: Blackjack
Black lives in Alaska and runs the non-heated Trucklights. I live in the south and run the heated Trucklights…

The world is just out of balance.
And if the option was available at the time I purchased mine I would have probably got the heated. Even though I live next to the ocean the winters here are cold and dry for the most part.

Reactions: NashvilleTJ
And if the option was available at the time I purchased mine I would have probably got the heated. Even though I live next to the ocean the winters here are cold and dry for the most part.
I'll plug them in and let you know if the glass gets warm when they get here.