LED headlights lumens too high for on-road use?

The one deal with new bright headlights that I don't really know how to deal with is they don't adjust automatically. Newer vehicles with bright headlights have to be equipped with auto-leveling headlights to help reduce the problem. A Jeep, especially one on 35" tires and a lift is pitching all over the place and you are always going to be flashing drivers at night unless you live in some part of American where the roads don't suck. The beam pattern, no matter how expensive or perfect it is still is bouncing around when you drive so it essentially sucks. I'm not saying it's a reason to get or not get anything, it's not a big deal to me but it is something I've considered when I look at expensive headlights.

I don't know about everyone else, but I find all the LED/HID lighting on newer cars blinding. I have customers that complain all the time about their $70K Tahoe/Suburban/Escalade blinding on coming drivers.
The stock LED tail lamps are also bright as hell.
My knockoff LED headlamps are aimed properly and I rarely ever get flashed by other drivers.

You just wanna know what you hit before you hit it? Does that really matter?
LOL,
To some, seeing fear in their eyes is exciting but to me I got tired of either swerving or slamming on brakes due to not seeing them early enough to take appropriate action, hence I mentioned seeing them before they dart out.

I nearly hit a barn owl flying at windshield level, and black cows with their rear ends to you don’t reflect much. Armadillos are not reflective, although skunks and opossums’ broadside or head on are. Coyotes and dogs are more predictable but cats and deer are not. A scared horse on asphalt was interesting to say the least.

When I hit my deer it looked right at me on impact as if to say "oh fuck me" and literally shit all over my front end and windshield on impact and then made this loud audible "gruuuuunt" as it slid across the street into someone's driveway by their mailbox where it layed until the vulchers ate him.

I had all the lights in my jeep converted over to Code 4 LED a local company in Utah. They did an excellent job, but my question is I get Flashed by oncoming traffic and get yelled at all the time by other drivers. They think my hi beams are on in my jeep. I have looked at the local laws in Utah and It seems like LED are just more blinding color range than Halogen despite being just a tad better on the Lumen brightness.

I was curious what your thoughts are and if this is an issue you have dealt with as a Jeep Owner with LED lights. View attachment 293183

https://code4ledsupply.com/product/7-round-headlight-for-jeep-or-harley/
nice paintwork on that unit

When I hit my deer it looked right at me on impact as if to say "oh fuck me" and literally shit all over my front end and windshield on impact and then made this loud audible "gruuuuunt" as it slid across the street into someone's driveway by their mailbox where it layed until the vulchers ate him.
hmm,sounds like your headlights were aimed too low...?if said deer looked you right in the eyes at impact,he must not have been 'blinded by the light'so to speak.re-aim your headlights,but not at a wall,instead aim them on a 3d archery deer target

Just out of curiosity, do you know the proper distance to follow behind a vehicle? Or at what point you outdrive the capability of your headlights?
I know the exact distance. It is the exact amount of space that is just slightly smaller than the car in the next lane that is trying to cut in and slightly longer than the sight line over the hood of my truck to see in the rear window of the Civic in front of me. How did I do?

I'm actually not kidding.

I know the exact distance. It is the exact amount of space that is just slightly smaller than the car in the next lane that is trying to cut in and slightly longer than the sight line over the hood of my truck to see in the rear window of the Civic in front of me. How did I do?

I'm actually not kidding.
You won't get far in SoCal - or any crowded city freeway - unless you drive exactly like this. Like my late father used to say, "If you can get a fender in, get it in and GO!"

Reactions: Noreaster1967