Let's see your wheels!

16 inch pro comp extreme alloys with 37 13.5 ss m-16's. They came on the Jeep, kinda big and flashy for my taste. Anyone wanna trade 35's or 33's on steelies for 'em?
I liked the color matched gold ones on my XJ, maybe I'll paint the next set green.

IMG_1492.JPG
IMG_1672.JPG

Last edited:
[QUOTE="I liked the color matched gold ones on my XJ, maybe I'll paint the next set green.

View attachment 12632 View attachment 12633[/QUOTE]

@sgtjdgelinas

The gold XJ wheels would look really nice on the TJ. But I dont believe you can do larger than 31's on those OEM wheels because the offset isn't right for a larger tire width. So even if you were to get a set of 33's for the TJ w the XJ wheels, you'd need spacers. But it def would look sick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Chris
You guys running stock wheels with 12.5 inch wide rims, what are you doing about the extreme backspacing that Jeep uses? I'd like to just clean up and paint my stock Moabs, but don't want to really limit how far I can turn the wheel, nor do I want to run spacers

[QUOTE="I liked the color matched gold ones on my XJ, maybe I'll paint the next set green.

View attachment 12632 View attachment 12633

@sgtjdgelinas

The gold XJ wheels would look really nice on the TJ. But I dont believe you can do larger than 31's on those OEM wheels because the offset isn't right for a larger tire width. So even if you were to get a set of 33's for the TJ w the XJ wheels, you'd need spacers. But it def would look sick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
I was talking about color matching a new set for the tj, not using those XJ wheels. I sold the XJ, and in the last five years I've only seen two sets of those factory desert sand wheels.
They would look good for like a faux golden eagle tj?

You guys running stock wheels with 12.5 inch wide rims, what are you doing about the extreme backspacing that Jeep uses? I'd like to just clean up and paint my stock Moabs, but don't want to really limit how far I can turn the wheel, nor do I want to run spacers

Get 10.5" tires - that's what I'm going to do when I replace my 3.25" back spacing d-windows with stock TJ wheels.

Because yes, with 3.25" backpacking and my current 12.5" tires, my rear tires are almost touching my spring perches. Stock wheels wouldn't work with that setup, as you know.

16 inch pro comp extreme alloys with 37 13.5 ss m-16's. They came on the Jeep, kinda big and flashy for my taste. Anyone wanna trade 35's or 33's on steelies for 'em?
I liked the color matched gold ones on my XJ, maybe I'll paint the next set green.

View attachment 12632 View attachment 12633

That's what I was thinking about doing too with YJ 6-spoke steelies.

Color matched paint though is outrageously expensive.

Reactions: sgtjdgelinas
@sgtjdgelinas

I was talking about color matching a new set for the tj, not using those XJ wheels. I sold the XJ, and in the last five years I've only seen two sets of those factory desert sand wheels.
They would look good for like a faux golden eagle tj?[/QUOTE]

I understood what you meant. I was simply riffing how cool they'd probably look. But yah, maybe on an old school golden eagle, they'd probably be nice as well. I believe Ive only seen that style wheel in desert sand color once.

Reactions: sgtjdgelinas