Looking for Opinions on Snatch Blocks

I have a friend who has made a career out of testing tire crap. I don't know if ARB is as good but one of the things that make Safety Seal superior is the goo on the plugs actually bonds to the butyl tire liner over time and makes a near permanent seal. If you lay the SS plugs next to a lot of others, they look identical but aren't. I was given a UDS tire plug kit and the first time I used it to plug a truck tire, the reamer broke out the side of the aluminum handle rendering it useless. I've done hundreds of plugs with SS tools without a single failure. If you lay them side by side, in appearance, you can't tell them apart.
I’ll also throw a vote towards saftey seal. I grew up on a farm and my buddy’s dad ran the local tire/repair/weld shop. They’ve patched or plugged many tires for us over the years.

I distinctly remember them plugging a John Deere 4430 front tire that I popped on a deer antler while discing a field.

When I decided I was getting into jeeps I asked them what kit I should use, they said the only kit I should use is safety seal.

If you really want to learn about this stuff and how it fails, how strong it really is in general a good source of info is how not to slackline on youtube. They test some smaller rings to failure, you can see they are solid.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQvq-0fss4lNrmIz7gcPLtQ/videos

These guys built their own test rig with a winch and a million snatch blocks so they could test gear to destruction. It's fun watching how soft shackles and bow shackles fail in real tests.

Reactions: xxdabroxx