Looking to customize my automatic shifter knob

Shawn’s TJ

TJ Enthusiast
Hello guys, I have been wanting to customize my shifter knob and I'm ready to pull the trigger but i don't even know it its possible being an automatic and all. This would be a silly question if i had a manual transmission, heck i wouldn't even be asking the question if that were the case. Anyhow, any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Look up this post. I changed mine.

What did you do to your TJ today?
Changed the shift knob on my 32RH. Will try to get some pics and part numbers this weekend while replacing my 4.0 cylinder head. Bought a Gennie Shifter Lo-dapt II for a JK. It fits over the shifter shaft. Used part of a plastic hanger cause the factory one is too short. Instead of pushing the...

Changed the shift knob on my 32RH. Will try to get some pics and part numbers this weekend while replacing my 4.0 cylinder head. Bought a Gennie Shifter Lo-dapt II for a JK. It fits over the shifter shaft. Used part of a plastic hanger cause the factory one is too short. Instead of pushing the...

Awesome! Yeah Go Lo-Dapt looks promising because i'm looking to use a grenade for my shifter.
thanks

https://www.quadratec.com/products/12600_0111.htm

This is one of the few ones I see floating around out there. I'm sure more exist, the top of the 'T' shifter comes off with just a firm pull. It wouldn't be hard to create something yourself too.
Yeah i was hoping i can fit a grenade on the shifter but i was thinking the push button would be an issue. But i will look deeper into it all.
Much Thanks.

Could you post a video to YouTube or email me one I can’t seem to figure it out at all. Thanks [email protected]

AnywY you could send me a video explanation I’m having one hell of a time with it. [email protected]

I have a friend who did exactly this on his XJ, let me see if he has pictures. I recall he debated about just bypassing the button but decided to work it out and was glad he did. Just throwing that out there.