Midnight LJR Build

Well thank you, you saying I did nice work is about the biggest compliment I could get. You set the bar VERY high on the Jeep. I was just doing my best to not have them look too mismatched. 🙂
I have serious doubts that I could have done that trailer nearly as nicely. It looks really good from here.

I have serious doubts that I could have done that trailer nearly as nicely. It looks really good from here.
Your to humble since I never would have thought of the rack without you, but thanks again.

I believe our family is going to get to enjoy some great adventures in the Jeep and the trailer will give us a home base to explore with the Jeep from. :)

Your to humble since I never would have thought of the rack without you, but thanks again.

I believe our family is going to get to enjoy some great adventures in the Jeep and the trailer will give us a home base to explore with the Jeep from. :)
You put up the pics of racks that raised and lowered, albeit poorly. I just told you how to double the travel in the same space.

Very well done sir! Glad you're lowering it a bit. That sucker is in the nose bleed section, lol!

The base of the tent has to be at 78” inches when using the annex room.

It will likely have 4 available heights with pins so the actuators don’t have to hold the weight.

-All the way down (obviously)
-Halfway up for use without the annex room and access to the trailer
-Annex room height
-Max height for maximum view.

You put up the pics of racks that raised and lowered, albeit poorly. I just told you how to double the travel in the same space.
Yeah well I spent a whole day researching and googling every raising and lowering rack I could find, and no one else thought to do it like this. The rack idea really made the trailer, so it is very appreciated.

Mike,

how long does it take start to finish to have the tent set up?

Tent takes me about 1 minute to open up the tent. You can watch a guy do it in this video at about 2:30.

I can do it little quicker because I can open when low and then raise it afterwords.

Actuators take about a minute to get raised up. I am expecting without rushing and adding the stabilizers on the back. I could be camping in under 5 minutes.

Pillows and blankets can stay inside the tent.

Those are really cool, then I imagine I could just set it at any height I wanted.

that is the slickest roof top tent I have seen...you will have a blast with your family...

Yeah I had a traditional style on my original tent, and first impressions are this one feels like a superior design In basically every way.

Reactions: Wildman
A couple up photos, the tent will actually be about 4” lower than this when camping but here’s max height. I will be raising the suspension on the the trailer 2” so I have enough suspension travel.

Thanks again to Blaine for the great idea for the rack it seems like it going to work perfect.

View attachment 197070
View attachment 197071
WTH? Damn skippy!!

Reactions: Midnight LJR
IT’S ALIVE!!!
5505DA5C-EF0E-4E42-B817-EF4CD60C7BF6.jpeg

First successful test tow of the trailer. It towed great, I really like that I can see around it with the stock mirrors, and something I didn’t expect is I can even see over it in the rear view mirror unless a small car is directly behind me I can see that they are there.

Still some misc wiring to finish and and things to bolt down in the tongue box plus some camping and rock lights etc. but I should be able to take it to DMV next week and get it registered.

One of the cool things about the way Blaine did the receiver is I can use any receiver designed for the Jeep stock, so I swapped out the square for round for aesthetic reasons, it only took about 5 minutes to out on.
281A9DFE-277C-4B5E-B1EF-BD13285061DF.jpeg

I also lifted the trailer 2” and install bump stops to keep the tires out of the flares.
BE9E4046-F73D-4272-A535-2ED5E6CA39CD.jpeg

IT’S ALIVE!!!
View attachment 198002
First successful test tow of the trailer. It towed great, I really like that I can see around it with the stock mirrors, and something I didn’t expect is I can even see over it in the rear view mirror unless a small car is directly behind me I can see that they are there.

Still some misc wiring to finish and and things to bolt down in the tongue box plus some camping and rock lights etc. but I should be able to take it to DMV next week and get it registered.

One of the cool things about the way Blaine did the receiver is I can use any receiver designed for the Jeep stock, so I swapped out the square for round for aesthetic reasons, it only took about 5 minutes to out on.
View attachment 198000

I also lifted the trailer 2” and install bump stops to keep the tires out of the flares.
View attachment 198001
That is the sweetest off-road trailer, DIY or otherwise that I have ever seen. 😍

That is the sweetest off-road trailer, DIY or otherwise that I have ever seen. 😍

Thank you.

It feels very light behind the Jeep. It has no trouble towing it or stopping, I can barely tell it’s back there. My last trailer was very heavy on the Jeep.

Anyone have any idea what kind of tire pressure I should be running on the trailer on the street, with tires this big? I still need to weight it.

I run the same pressures as the Jeep. 28 lbs. loaded, 26 lbs. empty. Towed mine to Lake Tahoe and back with no issues. Interested to know what yours weighs with the tent on it and all.

Reactions: Alex01
IT’S ALIVE!!!
View attachment 198002

View attachment 198000

View attachment 198001
Bro, it’s awesome. Such an awesome setup all around. Love it
Can’t wait to know the weight!

Reactions: Wildman
IT’S ALIVE!!!

Bro, it’s awesome. Such an awesome setup all around. Love it
Can’t wait to know the weight!

Thanks! I will try to stop by and weight it on the way back from DMV Monday if I have time.

Here’s a video of the rack going up, I stop have way up to make sure it’s even (the back goes up just a touch slower) and to check the wiring then I finish it up.

I also finished up the wiring in the tongue box today.
4F19C895-7B86-4368-8629-8D187F2A7B6B.jpeg

I still have to wire up accessories lights and will be changing out my switches in the right for the one Blaine linked so I can have one button that makes them all go up and down.