Moab—Members Looking For a Trail Buddy

For those looking for trail partners.
I will be there with my TJ and my son-in-law and his dad will be running a JKUR.
I guess we are Team Fort Worth
GMRS and CB Comms
Really just set a place and time, meet up and go.
Bring your own lunch and drinks.
We will be running the following trails.
Anyone is welcome to join us
4/24 Dome Plateau
4/25La Sal Pass / Geyser Pass
4/26 Rainbow Terrace / Tower Arch
4/27 Hurrah Pass / Chicken Corners
4/28 Open
4/29 Rafting
4/30 Onnion Creek / Thompson Canyon-Polar Mesa
I have not been to Moab so all this is based on what I could learn from the Moab Trail Guide information.
PM or post reply
Thanks
Rich
Maybe @Chris can add you to the team/trail info page.

Reactions: Chris
Tentatively, I have the following days planned out.

Let me know if you would like to join and I will create a list or something. I plan to be arriving in Moab Saturday evening, if the drive from Eastern Iowa goes well.

We will be staying at the Moab KOA, if you see my Liberty there, feel free to chat.

I also have this posted in the Newbie Thread as well.

DateTeam/Group

4-25 Sunday
Just me so far, would like others to join inHurrah Pass, Jackson Hole, Chicken Corners

4-26 Monday
Team LJ
Fins and Things, Hells Revenge

4-27 Tuesday
Visit Canyonlands National Park

4-28 Wednesday
Team LJ
Potash Rd/Shafer, Lathrop Canyon, White Rim
4-29 ThursdayJust me so far, would like others to join inSeven Mile Rim, Hidden Canyon Overlook, and Bartlett Overlook
Seven Mile Rim is rated 4-5, there are quite a few intersections to turn off at, if it gets too tough.
my details:
@BlackSheep
Tires: 33”
Lift: 3.5”
Lockers: yes Fr&Rr
winch: yes
RR4W ratings: up to 6
Misc: spent a lot of time in Moab in the early 2000s, running most trails in my ‘97 TJ automatic. Current rig is a stick so I’m still in the learning mode.
driving ability: average

@65Corvair , I’d like to join you for :
4/25 Sunday. There is also Fielder Natural Arch not far from Chicken corners. Maybe that’s part of this Lathrop canyon?
4/28 Wednesday for the Potash / Schafer - looks like this is team LJ so I’ll go over there and see about getting connected.
4/29 Thursday. I did the 3D trail at EJS which includes some of the trails you mention. I don’t believe it included 7mile rim so that is my main interest for this day.

Last edited:
Wife and I made it up to Moab this afternoon. We're on a few trails with Team America Sunday - Wednesday but we're thinking of doing top of the world tomorrow if anyone wants to join us.

Reactions: Apparition
I will be there with my TJ and my son-in-law and his dad will be running a JKUR.
GMRS and CB Comms
4/24 Dome Plateau
4/28 Open
4/29 Rafting
I have not been to Moab so all this is based on what I could learn from the Moab Trail Guide information.
PM or post reply
Thanks
Rich
Coachyak, I would like to join you tomorrow (24th) for dome plateau. Do you have a meetup place and time? I apologize if you posted it, there's so much going on with the forum

JnJ Adventures thanks for trail leading.
7B6A4820-1D5A-4430-8B6B-FDD6A83797EB.jpeg

7F49AA8F-1CC3-4BA8-A5DE-1805AA6C507B.jpeg

483D269C-89C3-404C-A6C8-0D5A993B6E86.jpeg

D510DA5A-F9D1-4988-BF1F-F06FCD761442.jpeg

GMRS and CB Comms
4/24 Dome Plateau
4/28 Open
4/29 Rafting
PM or post reply
Thanks
Rich
Wher are you plan on meeting tomorrow? I'm staying at the KOA

Reactions: Apparition
my details:
@BlackSheep
Misc: spent a lot of time in Moab in the early 2000s, running most trails in my ‘97 TJ automatic. Current rig is a stick so I’m still in the learning mode.

4/25 Sunday. There is also Fielder Natural Arch not far from Chicken corners. Maybe that’s part of this Lathrop canyon?
4/28 Wednesday for the Potash / Schafer - looks like this is team LJ so I’ll go over there and see about getting connected.
4/29 Thursday. I did the 3D trail at EJS which includes some of the trails you mention. I don’t believe it included 7mile rim so that is my main interest for this day.
my details:
@BlackSheep

@BlackSheep
You can join for sure!
There is a parking lot we can meet at, at 8:00 then depart by 8:30 (or sooner) for the trails.
The parking lot is called Kane Creek Recreational Parking, located at
N38 31.954 W109 36.032.

Reactions: BlackSheep